Esteemed Contributor

Re: Juliana Marguiles, dare I say it?

She looks okay to me too.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Valued Contributor

On 8/26/2014 SoftRaindrops said: Obesity is a real problem in this country. It's so bad that a normal, healthy looking thin person now is labeled anorexic. Sad really. Julianna looks lovely.

Well stated, SoftRaindrops. I totally agree.

Valued Contributor

On 8/26/2014 SoftRaindrops said: Obesity is a real problem in this country. It's so bad that a normal, healthy looking thin person now is labeled anorexic. Sad really. Julianna looks lovely.

Hi Raindrops-While I agree that obesity is a REAL problem, I do not agree that healthy, thin-looking people are always labeled anorexic. I think much like everything else, there has been a bit of backlash to the obesity thing from those that are thin or of a healthy weight.

There are many here in this community that have commented nastily about a model's weight going up a few pounds or a host's body changing, when in fact, they have just fluctuated, like many of us do. And they are not obese. So it works both ways. Someone who is 10-20lbs. overweight is not obese, and yet there are some that criticize those bodies for not fitting a certain mode.

Much like there is fat-shaming toward larger women (and the less obvious thing that I mention above with those that aren't super thin), I think there is body shaming in general. I have read horrible comments on line about Kelly Ripa's body, in particular. Why do we feel the need to pick apart other people's bodies? People on Kelly's show tell her to "Eat a sandwich"--this shouldn't be acceptable, either. It goes both ways.

Respected Contributor

ITA!!!

Trusted Contributor

By the way... I didn't enjoy Seth Meyers at all. His jokes fell flat. It was more fun to watch Jimmy Kimmel and Jimmy Fallon... one of them should have hosted. Seth Meyers just isn't the comedian that they are. It was nice seeing Jay Leno... he looks kind of forlorn.

Valued Contributor

On 8/26/2014 aprilskies said:

ITA!!!

Me three! I've almost always been a thin person, and I've heard all the nasty comments. my favorite one to hate was "if you turn sideways and stick out your tongue, you'll look like a zipper..." MEAN! JM looks healthy to me, she has muscle definition.

Esteemed Contributor

Nothing to do with weight but, to me she is one of those people who can look really attractive or not so attractive, depending on her hair and her clothes. I do not feel that was one of her better looks.

Trusted Contributor

I thought when watching the show that her dress tended to emphasize making her appear thinner. Hence why she doesn't appear quite as thin on her show. I also thought the hair was too severe and really did not care for how it was styled. It wasn't nearly as flattering as other up do's she has worn to award shows. Love her hair length since she cut it to more above shoulder length - whether she wears it naturally curly or blown out, it looks great at that length.

Pretty gal and she looks darn good, imo.

Honored Contributor

On 8/26/2014 MJ 12 said:

She looks beautiful, she is beautiful. Enough of the "get her a sandwich" comments about any female celebrity who is thin.

Julianna Margulies Emmys Red Carpet

Lovely.

And people think she looks anorexic?

Ridiculous!!!

Honored Contributor

She is very thin, I remember noticing that last season when they showed some closeups of her in a dress that was cut low in the back.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval