Honored Contributor

Re: Julia Roberts "Most beautiful person again"

@Irshgrl31201,  If I don't remember the t.v. show I was watching, I guess I cannot backup what I heard.  It's not important.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@suzyQ3,  Well, I am not imagining what I heard but I don't remember the t.v. show.  Is it that important to you to Google it?    Cat Very Happy

@Katcat1, no need to pick me out of the crowd to gripe at. I certainly meant no harm. Googling helps, and it doesn't take more than a few seconds.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1-

Like @suzyQ3 I'd google it too. It's one of those curious things that make you want to know where the rumor may have originated.  Certainly not to cause harm.

The way rumors go, it could've been a small part the past where her voice was dubbed in.  You never know.  And as rumors go they could have a little bit of truth yet get blown way out of proportion.   I don't find running a search out of curiosity unusual at all.  I do it all the time.  It may have resulted in a perfectly reasonable explanation.

Anyway, you ladies have a good evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Julia Roberts is quite beautiful but so are a lot of Hollywood actresses. Print magazines are on the downslide circulation wise so it probably makes for good publicity to put someone well known on the People magazine cover again.

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@Funloving wrote:

Ah the drama.   I'm betting everyone has a skeleton or two in their closet... IF it's even true.

I do think it's true.  There are too many sources stating that.  I've not heard that about many other female stars.  Where there is smoke...there is usually fire...just sayin...

The problem with multiple sources making it more likely to be true, @winamac1, is that often one source gets it from another and so on and so on. In other words, it might be all of one source. This is especially true now with social media.

Also, some sources may have an axe to grind. You just can't ever assume that gossip is necessarily factual in part or entirely.

Interesting factoid:  "Where there is smoke, there is fire" is an established logical fallacy. It's also called "Hasty Conclusion" or "Jumping to a Conclusion." Simply defined it means coming to a conclusion or taking action without sufficient evidence.

THe one "source" was an interview.  I listed to the person being interviewed, and I totally believe him.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Maybe the "beautiful" part is the inside part.Woman Happy

Eh, I don't think so. Years ago I heard a story from a friend. He said that she was on a flight he was on. There was a layover somewhere and the passengers were all standing around mingling. She was off in a corner, all by herself just standing there. He said she seemed to be disgusted that she was stuck there with all of these lesser common folks. 

"Pure Michigan"
Trusted Contributor

@10sluvr wrote:

i think charlize theron, is beautiful and aging beautifully. i would have voted for her before JR.

That is who I thought of first.

Valued Contributor

why is it women cannot keep a discussion on topic and have to veer off course all the time? Some may think she;s beautiful and some may not, or have other choices in mind. What difference does it make? 

To start talking about rumors,, interviews someone heard but can't recall anymore, people having dark sides,,,, I just don't get it. Anyone, anytime, anywhere can be caught being rude, angry, less than sweetness and sugar and someone else can then say "what a "B****! No one is exempt from having a bad day, being a bad mood, being less than angelic. so what? Does that then disqualify them from earning any honors in the future?

Good grief women are so petty.