Valued Contributor

Julep - where are other products?

Does anyone know why Julep is no longer on the Q? I really liked a lot of their products - lip gloss, mascara, etc.   All of a sudden Julep was no longer on the Q and yet their items always had good reviews and seemed to sell well.

And now we have this nail gel????? I know it was with their nail products they first began at the Q. Wonder if their other products will be coming back here?

Honored Contributor

Re: Julep - where are other products?

@QPrincess 

I was under the impression they went out of business a few years ago and maybe the is a restart

Their website has no nail products at all on it 

@QPrincess wrote:

Does anyone know why Julep is no longer on the Q? I really liked a lot of their products - lip gloss, mascara, etc.   All of a sudden Julep was no longer on the Q and yet their items always had good reviews and seemed to sell well.

And now we have this nail gel????? I know it was with their nail products they first began at the Q. Wonder if their other products will be coming back here?

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

@QPrincess..hi, I believe the original Julep went into bankruptcy motions w/ the original owner. That’s why it disappeared rather abruptly. I can’t remember the owners name., she used to appear on the Q w/ her products. If u notice , this is renamed by Julep.
Esteemed Contributor

When you look at the TVS page, these four items can be bought for $209.99.

Yet retail value is $48.50.

Something is fishy.

Trusted Contributor

@QPrincess  It's the TSV today (9-1) so apparently they are still in business. 

Honored Contributor

@QPrincess - The same company, Glansaol, owned Julep, Laura Geller, and Clark's Botanical. Shortly after selling in 2016, Jane Park, who started Julep, left over "creative differences." Glansaol's plan failed, and they filed for bankruptcy. AS Beauty, whose CEO co-founded e.l.f. cosmetics, bought the companies. They sold Clark's back to the original owners. Their other plans were to "rebrand " Julep and Laura Geller. 

I was interested in this because I loved Laura Geller's products, and I had recently tried Julep's lip and blush crayons and liked them. It looks to me like the company is staying pretty close to Laura's original offerings, including bringing back some of her popular items. I hope they will bring back some of Julep's too!  Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

I looked at their website. They have some color polishes on sale for $4.99. However the treatment polishes in the TSV kit are in fact $50 each. I'm thinking about ordering a second set as they said it has a 2 1/2 year shelf life if unopened.
Valued Contributor

I did see a julep makeup display at a local target superstore, they had all the products I remembered seeing on the Q. I really like the shadow sticks and lip gloss. I thought their makeup line was a sleeper. I recall seeing some julep at Kohl’s but that was early this year, haven’t been back since.
Esteemed Contributor

I picked up a lip gloss set at Marshall's this past Christmas. Great glosses!

Esteemed Contributor

I bought some of their nail polish TSV abt a yr ago and only used the pink color twice- never used any of the other bottles . It's still sitting in my  cupboard ...