Frequent Contributor

Respected Contributor

I bought her last TSV nail polish kit and never again.  First, the polishes stink to high heaven.  Plus they are drying and chip within a day. Huge disappointment.  I've also read reviews about how Perfect Formula peels off your nails.  I remember the fluoride stuff that Q sold before did the same thing - peels off in one strip.  I'll just stick to my nekked nails.

Honored Contributor

Not for me.  I bought a kit awhile back and it wasn't worth the money.  This is an easy pass for me.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess  You can choose from the best selection of pale pink and off white nudes anywhere in Essie.  Great polish and no peeling or chipping unless you hit something hard but I don't if that will happen.  Essie is anywhere from $8 to $9 at Target and drugstores.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@beach-mom  I’ve tried Julep in the clear nail hardener. Perfect Formula dried faster, lasted longer on my nails and kept them from breaking, splitting or peeling, as promised. Cuticle trouble is sometimes due to getting these polishes on them which dries them out. I also oil my cuticles before bed and use a lotion w/ spf rubbed into cuticles, too during the day.

Hi @Shanus! Perfect Formula works for me. For years I used Essie base coat and - because of being out in the sun a lot - non-yellowing top coat. Then they discontinued the top coat. I tried the newer version, but didn't like it. My nails started to have white spots under them. I wear polish constantly, and once in a while I like a light tint. The spots were showing through. I asked my dermatologist, and she prescribed some very expensive cream I never got! Last resort - I saw a Perfect Formula presentation. My nails and longer and strong, but I didn't want to put up with the white spots. Since I've been using that as my base and top coats - and once in a while the gels by themselves - my white spots have disappeared. My nails look great. I use the solar oil when I change the polish, but like you, every night I use Josie Maran's Argan Oil to massage around my nails too. No complaints on how they look! I like playing with colors, so I usually change once a week, but my polish will stay on about two weeks. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Icegoddess  You can choose from the best selection of pale pink and off white nudes anywhere in Essie.  Great polish and no peeling or chipping unless you hit something hard but I don't if that will happen.  Essie is anywhere from $8 to $9 at Target and drugstores.

@Katcat1, I won a bunch of Essie polishes a few years ago.  I didn't care for them at all.  Needed too many coats to get decent coverage.  I gave them away.

Respected Contributor

I called yesterday and left Customer Service Know that the file was cracked and they said to send it back. I thought it was just me how the polish would peel off with one or two light coats. But it is happening to everyone.

I would never purchase another Julep product again. No makeup... never did, never will.

Note: All the good reviews in the begining were given to people for their review for free. And to think, I was the dummy that purchased the TSV.

Respected Contributor

@CalMom wrote:

I called yesterday and left Customer Service Know that the file was cracked and they said to send it back. I thought it was just me how the polish would peel off with one or two light coats. But it is happening to everyone.

I would never purchase another Julep product again. No makeup... never did, never will.

Note: All the good reviews in the begining were given to people for their review for free. And to think, I was the dummy that purchased the TSV.

Years ago I was a Julep Maven.  One month the glass neck on a polish broke, covering everything in the box.  CS said no problem, toss it out and they'd send a new box.  A few months later the same thing happened.  CS said it was the "nature" of their handblown glass bottles to have weak necks.  They wanted me to take pictures and send everything back.  I could not be bothered, not to mention the smell was so strong I do not know the USPS would accept the package.  I discontinued my Maven membership.

I still have a lot of polishes so occasionally take them with me to use when I have a manicure/pedicure.  My girl hates the narrow straight bottle.