Honored Contributor

Is this a good brand?  I generally don't wear polish because I'm really hard on my hands, especially in summer with the yard work.  The maintenance of brightly colored nails would just be too much.  I don't necessarily need harder nails, but thought this might be nice for a more subdued nail look along with giving them some treatment.  My cuticles, on the other hand, can use help, especially my middle fingers.  For some reason that finger on each hand the cuticles get hard around the nail and I either get a hangnail or I end up picking at them and they end up sore and bleeding.  One even got infected once.  

Trusted Contributor

You may want to check the ratings on the nail polish.  I experienced the same thing as many other reviewers.  The polish ruined my nails.  Was a pity, as the colors are very nice, and I truly wish this polished had worked for me.  It's been around six months, and my nails are still damaged.

Honored Contributor

My nails are strong already and I don't pamper them. They will grow. I started using Perfect Formula in pink and ruby gels when I want a natural look. I'm very happy with that. For my cuticles and around my nails, I massage in CND Solar Oil Nail Conditioner. I just wipe one stroke across my cuticles, then massage it in a few seconds and rinse it off. I don't use anything to push my cuticles back.

I was tempted by the TSV, but I got scared when I read the reviews of this, although it did work for some people.

Respected Contributor

I've been wearing Julep polish for years. I read the negative reviews but I've never experienced any problems.

IMO, this brand is expensive for the small size bottle. I always order directly from their website; they routinely have GREAT deals/sales throughout the year.

@Icegoddess  I love and use their Vanish Cuticle Softener & Remover. Prior to using this, I was using one from Sally Hanson, but the Julep was in sooooo much better. 

Honored Contributor

When I looked at it, I felt the before and after were misleading because they are showing the afters with polish on so you can't see if it did anything to the condition of the actual nails.

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

My nails are strong already and I don't pamper them. They will grow. I started using Perfect Formula in pink and ruby gels when I want a natural look. I'm very happy with that. For my cuticles and around my nails, I massage in CND Solar Oil Nail Conditioner. I just wipe one stroke across my cuticles, then massage it in a few seconds and rinse it off. I don't use anything to push my cuticles back.

I was tempted by the TSV, but I got scared when I read the reviews of this, although it did work for some people.

@beach-mom  I’ve tried Julep in the clear nail hardener. Perfect Formula dried faster, lasted longer on my nails and kept them from breaking, splitting or peeling, as promised. Cuticle trouble is sometimes due to getting these polishes on them which dries them out. I also oil my cuticles before bed and use a lotion w/ spf rubbed into cuticles, too during the day.

Honored Contributor

I received a full size polish in a Shawn's Favorites Kit one time.  It was a gold with the glitter in it.

I hated the polish.  I only wore it on my toes as I have my fingernails done professionally.   Not only did the polish not last long at all but it was horrendous to try and remove.  It was also way too thick and goopy going on.

I tossed the bottle in the trash.  This kit doesn't interest me in the least.

Honored Contributor

I just read some of the reviews on the A/D for this product.  WOW!  I can't imagine why QVC would continue to sell a product that has that many very poor reviews!  (I always sort by lowest rating.)

Honored Contributor

My nails are beyond any help---chemo did a number on them so nothing I do really helps---but those sizes are so huge---may be a gret deal to buy super size  things-but they would go bad before I could even put a dent in them.

Honored Contributor

Thanks everybody.  I've decided to save my money.