Honored Contributor

Re: Joyce Giraud hair products

@KKJ 

I like her shampoo and conditioner. I also use her leave in conditioner and it keeps my hair under control during the day - keeps it in place rather than sticking out as it does when left on its own.

Honored Contributor

@Mimi NY 

I like her hair supplements, too. I’ve been using them since the beginning of the year and they make a noticeable difference in my hair. Much better for me than Andrew Lessman’s version which I used for many years.

Super Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@KKJ  I am hooked on Acure shampoos.  The volume shampoo really does give volume, and my all time favorite is Mega Moisture by Acure.  Shampoos are sulfate free and do not have any bad stuff in them.  Under $10.  I use Herbivore Sea Mist for texture.  It can be slightly drying at times so my Mega Moisture takes care of my hair.

OP was asking specifically about JG shampoo . 

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I tried JG supplements for 3 months and saw no positive change in thickness, volume and/or length. I believe that JG's hair is natural but comes from nature only-not supplelemnts or products that are external.

I went back to using Viviscal which does give me better growth, volume and less breakage.

Shampoo and other products: eleven Australia-vegan. gluten free cruelty free.

These are the first products in a decade that I havent has dermatitis from.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Grouchomarx wrote:

I believe that she wears a lot of extensions. Hair like that is not natural.

@Grouchomarx    On air she said no extentions on her head... and she had the host go through her hair on camera with her fingers.... no extentions to be found.  I do not think she would lie on air about that.  She just has genetic beautiful hair. Many  cultures do.

On the other hand.... I do not believe that using her products that anyone with bad hair is going to get her hair...... THAT IS A LIE. 

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Grouchomarx wrote:

I believe that she wears a lot of extensions. Hair like that is not natural.

@Grouchomarx    On air she said no extentions on her head... and she had the host go through her hair on camera with her fingers.... no extentions to be found.  I do not think she would lie on air about that.  She just has genetic beautiful hair. May cultures do.

On the other hand.... I do not believe that using her products that anyone with bad hair is going to get her hair...... THAT IS A LIE. 

WOW! She is blessed with some truly amazing hair! I want those genes please LOL

Valued Contributor

I have a relative with thick hair like that. All natural and no supplements. She has 4 kids and only one of them came out with hair like her. Very thick just like Joyce.  Also does not take supplements. All genetic. The hair is very thick and kind of sticks out if it is all just one length so layering and or growing it long helps weigh it down.

I'm a big fan of supplements, but I will never have hair like Joyce. 

Respected Contributor

@nyc1 wrote:

The star of her line, IMO, is the 2 Min Miracle deep conditioner.  I use it before I shampoo and leave it on from 1-5 mins.  Her shampoo is okay...   nothing special.  I'm not a fan of her thickening spray.  The only Tweak'd shampoo that I LOVE and is my go to, is the one in the can that comes out like a foam...  but I think they are discontinuing because the process of producing the can/foam is difficult (he originally said they don't make many because of that).  Now THAT shampoo for me is incredible.

@nyc1 

Glad I found your post. I bought the 2 Minute conditioner based on your rec, but wasn’t sure how to use it. I didnt think to look for a presentation.  

Today, I used it after shampooing along with the Moremo Water Treatment. My hair turned out great but next time I’ll try it your way.

Honored Contributor

I haven't tried any of Joyce's products, but I do remember her from The Real Housewives Franchise, and she has always had such gorgeous hair-it is her real hair....She is Puerto Rican, and was Ms. Puerto Rico years ago, and her hair is definitely hereditary. I think she is so gorgeous! I someday may try some of her products, I have horrible hair, but I know nothing I try will give long, thick hair like that.. 

Respected Contributor

@nyc1 

Do you rinse out the 2-minute mask before shampooing?