Occasional Contributor

Re: Joyce Giraud Hair Vitamins

It is restoring where I had hair loss, I AM using it. My husband can tell the difference.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shelbelle wrote:

http://www.evine.com/images/cc/pdf/C435829_Supplement.pdf

Joyce Giraud's product

@Shelbelle

Natures Bounty Formula does not have any collagen in it. JG has Verisol in it which in combination of the biotin & Cynatine HSN works together.

I was using just Biotin before but with the other 2 ingredients I think it makes a difference.

I have been using JG product for the past 6 wks or so. I cannot tell if I'm growing more hair or not yet. My hair feels thicker but I know it has not been long enough to see a lot of results. It is longer & my nails have never been so hard.

SUPPLEMENT FACTS Hair and Nail Formula: 60 count Serving Size: 2 Capsules

Serving I Container: 30

Amount Per    % Daily

Servings        Value

Total Calories                                  5 cal

Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid)                                          100 mg              166.66%

Vitamin 03 (Choel calciferol)                                    1000 mg I.U.     250.0%

Pantothenic Acid ([)-Calcium Pantothenate)               25 mg                   250.0%

Biotin                                                                    10000 mcg        3333.2%

Cynatine HNS (Solubilized Keratln)                         500 mg              *

Proprietary Blend                                                     216 mg              *

(Verisol Collagen, Trans Resveratrol, Glutathione Buriti Fruit Oil, Maracuja  Oil,

Moringa Oil, Argan Oil)

Honored Contributor

@tsavorite wrote:

I agree with @SeaMaiden....I watched the show for a little bit just to hear the pitch....all I kept thinking was here is a woman with genetics that gives her thick hair.  My parents and relatives do not....thyroid disease also.  

I have tried in the past AL's did nothing for hair thickness.  I tried higher amounts of biotin...WOW all that did was make me have to go pee constantly!  Gave some to my husband cause he didn't believe me....same reaction LOL! He told me that's all he did was pee many times at work and waking up having to go too which he never does.  I couldn't find any info on this weird side effect.

@tsavorite Her scalp detox products makes mine feel thicker. Or it could be a combo of her shampoo, conditioner & scalp detox & supplements. I know my hair is dry & frizzy if I don't use the scalp detox. It cleans the scalp & hair so it's does not look like it's stuck to your scalp. Got rid of most of my frizz which I was not expecting.

Biotin always made my hair grow longer faster but did not do anything for thickness but it should. Maybe I was just not taking enough. I read that's how biotin works. It makes each hair strand thicker making it feel like you have more hair.

Respected Contributor

@Shelbelle  Itried these for 3 mnths since the deck was so good, but my hair didnt respond well.

I have used and use Viviscal with great success, so I went back on that. I'll try the Bamboo supplement you spoke about yesterday.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@maestra wrote:

@Shelbelle  Itried these for 3 mnths since the deck was so good, but my hair didnt respond well.

I have used and use Viviscal with great success, so I went back on that. I'll try the Bamboo supplement you spoke about yesterday.

@maestra,

I'm glad you mentioned Viviscal. That particular supp contains the horsetail version of silica. Bamboo powder (silica), otoh, is the other dietary form of that substance. I think you'd be interested to know that bamboo silica is many more times potent than the horsetail found in Viviscal. If you decide to try it, I think you might see some positive results.Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

Years ago Instead of a multivitamin, I bought and took each vitamin individually along with various supplements. After awhile my hair grew long and luxuriant. So for me, taking vitamins this way did affect my hair, while multivitamins never did.

Unfortunately, buying vitamins separately just got too expensive and I had to stop. When I did, my hair reverted back to the way it usually was - fine and thin.  

The only other product that made a difference to my hair was a long ago diet drink called Metrecal.  Anyone remember it?  My mother drank it - she was always trying to lose weight - and I used to drink it for a quick meal.  No fast hair growth, but it made my hair behave much better. Now I wonder what was in it to cause that.

Frequent Contributor

I use Nature's Bounty Hair, Skin and Nails. I've used it for about 2 1/2 years. It helps with nail growth and with my hair. I had a bad Lupus Flare and over half my hair fell out. I saw a commercial for these vitamins and had my fiancee buy some for me. I think they helped with my hair regrowth.. Last year I had another flare, but my hair didn't fall out this time. I think that was because I was taking the vitamins. I usually try to catch them when they are on sale. buy one get one half price. It really saves me a lot.

I bought Joyce's shampoo, conditioner and deep conditioner a couple of monthes ago. I like it, but I don't know if I'd buy it again. I have some of Nick Chavez's Velvet Mesquite. It's pretty good.

Respected Contributor

@Shelbelle  I have been using them for about seven weeks, I have quite a bit of new hair growth...she gives you a 90 day money back guarantee..I have tried other brands with no results, hope this helps

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@fourpaws56 wrote:

@Shelbelle  I have been using them for about seven weeks, I have quite a bit of new hair growth...she gives you a 90 day money back guarantee..I have tried other brands with no results, hope this helps

Thanks so much, I have tried taking collagen, did nothing for my hair. I am going to try taking a bamboo supplement others here are raving over. Just ordered a 6 month supply from Swanson.

Respected Contributor

@Shelbelle  what does bamboo do for the hair? My concern was hair loss do to illness, and menopause