Valued Contributor

Re: Joyce Giraud Hair Vitamins

@Shelbelle  I read with the bamboo supplement you should consult a doctor if you have a thyroid condition, so I passed on that since I take thyroid medication. Those other vitamins look good.

@just bee LOL! 

Honored Contributor

@beautybee wrote:

@Shelbelle  I read with the bamboo supplement you should consult a doctor if you have a thyroid condition, so I passed on that since I take thyroid medication. Those other vitamins look good.

@just bee LOL! 

You did the right thing, very smart!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've been taking the bulksupplements brand of bamboo silica powder for a few years. It's made my hair soft, silky and shiny, which translates to strong and healthy hair. It's difficult to say for sure if it has made my hair grow any faster because I also use a hair laser. But one thing is for sure and that is the bamboo powder has changed my bone density numbers to a healthy level. My bone density number was so low, off the charts at one point and I had to be put on meds. Now, after taking the bamboo, I no longer need any meds. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17435952

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3671293/

And on a technical scientific note...the silica particle plays an important role in collagen synthesis in the body. When observed microscopically, silica makes up a huge portion of the collagen molecule.

I started taking bamboo powder because after years of taking mega-doses of biotin my hair became stiff, brittle and did not show any signs of improved growth. I'm not the only one who has had this happen. There are numerous reports of people experiencing the same thing with biotin...brittle, coarse and stiff hair.

Sorry for the long post, but there is one more thing to think about regarding biotin supps. If it makes your hair stiff, brittle and/or coarse then wouldn't you think that would make your hair more likely to become vulnerable to breakage and/or loss? I do.

I have been taking Joyce Giraud's supplements for 4 months.  I took pictures of my hair before and after I used her supplements.  Although I cannot say at this point in time that I have grown new baby hairs, I can say that the hair I do have looks thicker.  In addition, my finger nails were so thin that I would sometiomes sscratch people when I accidentally touched them with my nails.  I can no longer scratch myself with my nails and they don't bend as esily.  I am very haappy with the product and plan on going on auto-shipping when I next make an order.

Valued Contributor

@lil river  Thank you for your reply, and welcome to the beauty board! Smiley Happy

I want to get the results that you have had. My nails have always been week and now I'm getting the deep ridges. I try to eat right and take my vitamins, but my nails have never gotten better.  Her prices are a little bit steep for me at this time, however I'll keep watching her shows. The ingriedients look very good.

Occasional Contributor

Andrew's  product for hair and nails does not work , not even a little.

I am tempted to try Joy's giraud  vitamins to improve my nails, they are thin as paper .I am taking collagen and amino acids, nutritional yeast  and magnesium and calcium with vit K. Nothing works ! My diet iis so clean, no sugar , no grains-no fun lol !

I also think it is one's genetic make-up , period , end of story !

O.K I talked myself out of buying these expensive vitamins ! How much money did I just save ? Over $100 --YEAH !

Honored Contributor

Since returning to this thread, I see that I participated in it before.  Apparently I never got around to checking out Cynatine.  My interest is renewed, though.  Since I already take a multivitamin that I like, I don't think it would be good to add Joyce's supplement to my routine.  I was poking around Amazon and found something I think I might try.  It's a simple formulation of 1000 mcg organic Biotin, 500 mg. Cynatine, and 20 mg. organic Bamboo Extract (75% silica).  $30 for a month's supply, but can be put on a subscription and will cost a little less. It's made by a company called Nature City and manufactured in the USA (New Jersey).