Respected Contributor

Re: Joyce Giraud Hair Vitamins

@Nightowlz

Are you using Joy's whole hair line or just her supplement, i keep looking at her product to try but been let down so much by others that I just haven't done it yet.

Honored Contributor

@fourpaws56 wrote:

@Shelbelle  what does bamboo do for the hair? My concern was hair loss do to illness, and menopause

There was a thread here from a few weeks ago that resurfaced last weekend, please try to find it.

Honored Contributor

I can't use anything with biotin.  My scalp itches something fierce.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"

I recently saw this product on Evine and was thinking about trying them but I noticed that there is 10,000 mcg of Biotin because I have had problems with Biotin causing acne. I was wondering has anyone that has used this product had any acne breakouts.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have been using Bamboo Extract (1 a day). I hope that it helps my hair.

Valued Contributor

Hi everyone!  I was just watching Joyce's show on Evine and was wondering if anyone had any updates on the hair supplements you have tried. Her hair supplements look good, but was wondering if the Nature's Bounty is a close dupe?

Honored Contributor

@beautybee wrote:

Hi everyone!  I was just watching Joyce's show on Evine and was wondering if anyone had any updates on the hair supplements you have tried. Her hair supplements look good, but was wondering if the Nature's Bounty is a close dupe?

@beautybee

I have been taking Joyce's hair supplements. I think it is helping but I keep forgetting to take them. They seem to really help my nails. I notice when I do take them my thumb nails are smoother with less ridges plus not trying to split up the middle. I like her scalp detox. 

The ingredients in Natures Bounty are different then hers. Hers has more biotin plus collagen & oils

Nature's Bounty

Supplement FactsServing size 2 CapsulesServings Per Container 30Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Niacin18 mg90%
Vitamin B-6 (as Pyridoxine Hydrochloride)2 mg100%
Biotin (as d-Biotin)300 mcg100%
Pantothenic Acid (as d-Calcium Pantothenate)14 mg140%
Zinc (as Zinc Oxide)15 mg100%
Copper (as Copper Gluconate)2 mg100%
Cynatine® HNS Keratin500 mg**
Resveratrol (from Polygonum cuspidatum Extract (root))10 mg**
Grapeseed Extract (Vitis vinifera)10 mg**
◊per serving
**Daily Value not established.

Other Ingredients: Gelatin, Dicalcium Phosphate. Contains <2% of: Silica, Titanium Dioxide Color, Vegetable Magnesium Stearate.

Joyce's

joyceCapture.PNG

Valued Contributor

@Nightowlz  I also have those ridges on my thumb nails. I've been taking Andrew's hair supplements, then the vitacost ones along with biotin. While my hair grows fast and looks a bit thicker, my nails are not that great.

Honored Contributor

Been taking the Bamboo supplement now for 6 months, along with 1 Lessman per day and extra Biotin , both which I have been using for years, no difference. I see that Puritans Pride has a very good H, S, N supp with Verisol collagen in it, once my supply of Bamboo is gone, I am going to try that, cant hurt.

I do agree, Joyce's ingredient deck is top notch.

Honored Contributor

I have enough trouble remembering to take a vitamin.  How is my hair supposed to remember?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~