Valued Contributor

Joy Mangano leaves HSN after 20 year

Besdies Joy leaving, all 66 Ingenious Design workers will be layed off starting on December 28.  This information is from a Tampa Bay Times news article. 

Some of Joy's products, like the hangers, will stil lbe available.

Respected Contributor

Re: Joy Mangano leaves HSN after 20 year

I'm not a Joy Mangano fan, but feel bad for people losing their jobs, especially this time of year.

Regular Contributor

I agree about people losing their jobs.  Last couple Joy Mangano Items in the last 6 months were junk and fell apart.  I knew I was done with her before she was done with HSN.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The last two sets of Huggable Hangers that I bought continue to fall apart.  They just literally separate at the hook, with nothing at all hanging on them.  Been that way since I first got them.  I just figure, when the last one goes, I'll replace them with something decent.

I haven't bought another of her products since.

(ETA:  The first set I ever got is still fine.  It was just the newer sets I got, where the quality was appallingly bad.)

Honored Contributor

I never bought her products except for some hangers many years ago.  I am somewhat of a minimalist.  But I certainly wish her the best, especially this time of the year.  I hope this was her decision.

Honored Contributor

Her brand never appealed to me. Time's change, Maybe her sales as well.

Respected Contributor

I ordered a handbag and it was unevenly sewn and had gaudy hardware so not tried anything else.  I wonder what she is going to do.  

Esteemed Contributor

Ordered one of her things many years ago. A double sided mirror with a goose neck that you could turn and bend every which way. The mirror itself was very poor quality. Did not give a crisp clear image of oneself. Thought maybe there was a film over the mirror part for shipping purposes in case somehow it got dropped, but nope, just a lousy mirror.

I admired her for her life story but too screechy & loud to listen to.

Esteemed Contributor

I bought her hangers and they were fine but no better then a less expensive version I have.  Her wondermop was a bust for me and I wound up returning it.  Haven't bought anything of hers since.  

I do feel sorry for those laid off, especially at 🎄 Christmas time.  Lots of layoffs occur this time of year 

Respected Contributor

I have loads of her hangers and they're pretty much all I use to hang clothes.  I got a piece of her luggage years ago and love it, always get compliments when I'm traveling with it.  It has held up well, although admittedly I don't travel much, maybe 2-3 times a year.  I should have returned the mop as I have never used it.