Respected Contributor

Josies Argon Oil - Refrigerate?

I have been using Josie's Argon Oil for years and love it, however, I noticed that some people said they refrigerate the oil to keep it fresher.  I was wondering if I should be doing that or does it matter if I don't.  Thank you.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Josies Argon Oil - Refrigerate?

I believe you can refrigerate Argan oil or most oils for that matter but it may change the color perhaps.  It will most likely keep the oil fresher for awhile because it is supposed to be stored in a dark, cool place.  I always give my oils the "smell" test as many go rancid and that can be toxic to your skin.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, refrigerate especially if you have a large bottle. What you can do is put a smaller amount into a 1-ounce amber-colored glass dropper bottle (look for those on Amazon or eBay) and leave that 1-ounce size bottle, or smaller, at room temp for you to use daily. Put your large bottle in the fridge and when you need to refill your smaller bottle then take the large bottle out of the fridge, let it come to room temp, give it a whirl or two and then you can refill your smaller bottle.

Respected Contributor

@lovesallanimals I switched to Ulta or Shea Moisture brand argan oil because it is much less expensive & I buy it whenever it's on sale at Ulta.

I use it as makeup remover-because it breaks down my makeup & doesn't break me out, so I go through it faster than if I was just using it to soothe my skin.

I have 4 bottles in my refrigerator right now. These are 4 oz bottles.

I have one in my bathroom & keep my spares in the frig.

Respected Contributor

Thank you everyone for your feedback, much appreciated.