Respected Contributor

Re: Josie wears her mascara to sleep

I would be afraid of an eye infection if nothing else. I'd rather sleep in powder products, eyeshadow, etc. then gloopy mascara. Yuck. 

Honored Contributor

I don't think its a good idea to wear makeup of any kind to bed.  I think its better for your skin and eyes for them to be cleansed.  I don't care if she says she does it or not -- to each his own or her own.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

I'm watching Josie with Leah right now (Sat morn) and she just said that she wears her mascara to sleep and wakes up with longer and fuller lashes. 

I thought it was intended to be removed before going to bed at night.

@San Antonio Gal   Too bad Josie’s going to wake up one morning w/ LESS lashes not “fuller and longer lashes”. Maybe a lash serum would work, but mascara properties are drying and during the night, the friction on the pillow, etc., will bend and break the fragile lashes. That foolish statement cost her many sales. Everyone knows the importantance of removing makeup at bedtime. Shame on you, Josie.

Honored Contributor

@luvmyjewelry wrote:

I like her mascara and I'm a Lancome girl. I get the 5 pack special at the holidays. But I wouldn't wear it to bed regardless of what Josie says. I

@luvmyjewelry  I had the pack of 5 as well and loved the mascara. It wasn’t available again except as singles or in a set w/ other products. I went back to my drugstore brand. 

Honored Contributor

@Miss Princess wrote:

Yes you can wear her mascara to bed to condition your eyelashes overnight. I have never tried it yet.

I bought the T.S.V. It's worth it to get the new face serum. I bought it at Sephora's and it does make a difference in my skin. It's smoother and softer. I like her divine drip for the face too. I use it on my neck also and it makes almost all my wrinkles go away. Very nice T.S.V.

@Miss Princess   Please don’t wear mascara to bed. I see extensions or falsies in your future.

Esteemed Contributor

Made me laugh, @Desertdi -- I used to work with a woman who said her husband didn't want to see her without makeup (her words).  So she waited till he fell asleep every night, then she got out of bed and cleansed her face.  She then got up about 4am every morning and put on a full face of makeup and went back to bed until he woke up.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tototwo wrote:

Made me laugh, @Desertdi -- I used to work with a woman who said her husband didn't want to see her without makeup (her words).  So she waited till he fell asleep every night, then she got out of bed and cleansed her face.  She then got up about 4am every morning and put on a full face of makeup and went back to bed until he woke up.  

@tototwo   IMHO, 1. if you wear so much makeup that you look dramatically different than without it, you’re over doing it. 2. If my DH didn’t want to see me w/o makeup, he would have been kicked to the curb after first date!!!! How superficial could he be?

Respected Contributor

@tototwo  There was a Utube blog of a woman who did just that. She was 70 and transformed her face to a total new look. It took nearly half an hour. She would take her make up off in the a.m. when she got up in the morning. It was her routine.

Honored Contributor

I refused to be seen by anyone other than my family without makeup--for a couple of years as a teen. Makeup was a coping mechanism. I had a distorted idea that everyone would recoil from me if they saw what I really looked like. It was not vanity. Quite the opposite.

The worst of it was on a trip with my mom. The hotel fire alarm went off really early in the morning. I refused to leave the room until I could put on my makeup. By the time I was ready to go, the all clear had been called. It turned out to be a false alarm. But I could have died, and possibly my mom, who stayed with me trying to reason with me.

What cured me was just exposure. I got fed up with the situation and started going out with almost no makeup on and then finally bare. No one reacted at all. I feel really sorry for the former me and for anyone who is dealing with this now. Just know that it is miserable.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

Much better things you can put on your eyelashes to sleep like castor oil.