Honored Contributor

Re: Josie wears her mascara to sleep

@stazgirl wrote:
I worked with a girl whose husband told her he never wanted to see her without make up. She went to bed after him and got up before him. She took her make up camping with them. He was a white younger (40’s) man, so not a culture thing. He absolutely never wanted her to look anything but “perfect”. What a way to live. Geesh

Sleeping with the Enemy comes to mind.

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@stazgirl wrote:
I worked with a girl whose husband told her he never wanted to see her without make up. She went to bed after him and got up before him. She took her make up camping with them. He was a white younger (40’s) man, so not a culture thing. He absolutely never wanted her to look anything but “perfect”. What a way to live. Geesh

Sleeping with the Enemy comes to mind.

@Judaline @stazgirl  - I don't know what's worse - a husband who would demand that or a wife who would do it?

Esteemed Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

Made me laugh, @Desertdi -- I used to work with a woman who said her husband didn't want to see her without makeup (her words).  So she waited till he fell asleep every night, then she got out of bed and cleansed her face.  She then got up about 4am every morning and put on a full face of makeup and went back to bed until he woke up.  

@tototwo- This lady you worked with who put on her makeup after her husband went to bed reminds me of the TV show Frankie & Grace. Grace, who is played by Jane Fonda, was sleeping with an old boyfriend of hers, and she didn't want him to see her bare faced, so she also took care of her makeup before he woke up in the morning. When he saw her, she was just as beautiful as she'd been the night before. I love that show!!!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

I'm watching Josie with Leah right now (Sat morn) and she just said that she wears her mascara to sleep and wakes up with longer and fuller lashes. 

I thought it was intended to be removed before going to bed at night.

@San Antonio Gal   Too bad Josie’s going to wake up one morning w/ LESS lashes not “fuller and longer lashes”. Maybe a lash serum would work, but mascara properties are drying and during the night, the friction on the pillow, etc., will bend and break the fragile lashes. That foolish statement cost her many sales. Everyone knows the importantance of removing makeup at bedtime. Shame on you, Josie.

@Shanus-  shame on her indeed! As I posted earlier, I wouldn't trust a word that fell out of her mouth. She's slick in her words and her skin (ever see how she looks after she slathers her Argan butter all over herself? It's a wonder she doesn't slide out of bed every night. The only thing of hers I've bought is that body butter, and I don't care for the fragrances I bought. There are so many others that are so much better and less expensive. I'll stick with those. Bye Bye Josie with the broken eyelashes Woman Tongue

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett