Respected Contributor

Re: Josie said Argan Oil will get rid of wrinkles...

I am just so surprised that the vendors give us incorrect information. We are all much more knowledgeable than to believe such exaggerations. If were that easy we would all look like we were in our 20's.

Honored Contributor

Josie WILL SAY ANYTHING FOR A SALE

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Josie WILL SAY ANYTHING FOR A SALE

Just like every other host and vendor..

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Super Contributor

I love her products because they hydrate my skin and make it so soft, I don't have a lot of wrinkles, my skin is pretty smooth for my age.  but her products definitely don't get rid of wrinkels, she shows the model Ann's before and after from the milk but when we see her on the set she has a lot of wrinkles.

Respected Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

The entire cosmetic industry needs to be cleaned up and their promises regulated.  So tired of vendor's

'stories..........................

Actually, the easy fix, which is in our hands, is if we stopped keeping the nonperforming products and returned them to the sellers and insisted on a full refund because the product is not delivering the promised results. That means it's defective, so they should refund the shipping both ways, IMO. Now, with the holiday return period allowing an extravant length of time for trial on QVC and HSN, we have no excuse not to do this.

Good print ads always include disclaimers about results being atypical (when they show the miraculous fixes) or results varying or your results may differ. Josie is being reckless because she hasn't suffered negative consequences. A high percentage of returns on this item and any others where she's making fraudulent claims might give her the education she needs. 

Esteemed Contributor

Then isn't it interesting that even JM added acids in her newest serums?

Well, better late than never, I guess. But, better than that is prevention.

I don't accept that argan oil eliminates wrinkles. It may soften the look is all.

What I do believe is that AHAs [also] reduces lines & wrinkles. (study )

Regardless of the study, I wouldn't state this so emphatically if I did not experience it for myself. As I have no sensitivities, AHAs has an important role in my skin care.

Esteemed Contributor

@Unhooked42 wrote:

I love her products because they hydrate my skin and make it so soft, I don't have a lot of wrinkles, my skin is pretty smooth for my age.  but her products definitely don't get rid of wrinkels, she shows the model Ann's before and after from the milk but when we see her on the set she has a lot of wrinkles.

I agree with your comments about Ann, the model.  While she is a beautiful woman, she has wrinkles.  During most of the beauty shows, most look better in the after shots.  It is the same thing with Wen.  The models hair looks great, but when you see them on another show, their hair never looks as good.  This isn't a knock on Wen or Josie.  It is just the way it is.

Common sense is the order of the day. Woman Wink

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@Unhooked42 wrote:

I love her products because they hydrate my skin and make it so soft, I don't have a lot of wrinkles, my skin is pretty smooth for my age.  but her products definitely don't get rid of wrinkles, she shows the model Ann's before and after from the milk but when we see her on the set she has a lot of wrinkles.

I too love her products for hydration, however for wrinkles I've  had Retin-A , Botox, Fillers, and microdermabrashion treaments . Am looking at laser Rx  next .

Honored Contributor

I like Josie’s products, especially the newer serums.  I only recently started incorporating her new products into my skin care regimen (Vitamin C, Resurfacing, Skin Dope).  I’ve always been a fan of the Argan Milk; however, I’ve never been much of a fan of the Argan oil.

For wrinkles, I think it’s important to incorporate Retinol, but I doubt Josie will ever go there.  The good thing about her line is it goes well with whatever we use.  I use PTRs Retinol & his Retinol eye cream at night, then follow with Josie’s line.  I also like to incorporate Hyaluronic Acid (Paula’s Choice is the one I use) & generally mix it with my moisturizer.

I know Argan oil will not remove wrinkles, but I still enjoy watching her shows.  I just take those comments with a grain of salt, like I do any other vendor who makes inaccurate statements.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

If she just said "treat," that's an upgrade from my hearing her say that her products get rid of wrinkles. :-)

Caveat: I haven't turned on the channel in almost a year.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland