Super Contributor

Josie's products--what is the order of application?

For those who use Josie's argan products...do I have this order correct for my face routine?

1:  milk

2: Skin Dope

3: Face Butter

4: Argan oil or Argan Reserve

Now if you incorporate her new vitamin C prouct or her skin retexture serum where do those go in the order?

Thanks

Respected Contributor

Re: Josie's products--what is the order of application?

I would call her company directly.  They are super nice and very helpful.  The number is on her website.

Occasional Contributor

Josie always says to apply the Milk first.

Then Vit. C as it is thin.

Then Skin Dope

Face Butter

Argan oil or Argan Reserve.

Occasional Contributor

You use the Vit. C in the morning and at night you use the Resurfacing serum.

I would use in the A.M.

Milk

Vit. C

Face Butter

Skin Dope

I would use in the P.M.

Milk

Resurfacing Serum

Face Butter

Argan Oil or Argan Reserve

Hope this helps you.Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

Thank you @Miss Princess !

Honored Contributor

In general, it’s thinest products first (so they can sink in) to the thickest. I don’t get why the rep would say to apply the oil after the butter. It would most likely sit on top.

For that matter, why would anyone need that many products w/ the same ingredients on top of each other?

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

In general, it’s thinest products first (so they can sink in) to the thickest. I don’t get why the rep would say to apply the oil after the butter. It would most likely sit on top.

For that matter, why would anyone need that many products w/ the same ingredients on top of each other?

That's my question, @Shanus .  I like Josie's products, but we're way into overkill now.  How well I remember the days when she touted pure argon oil as the panacea ("You don't need anything else!").  That 70-year-old lady with the 30-years-younger face who revealed that "ARRRRRRRGON oil" was her secret to beautiful skin never mentioned a word about milk, resurfacer, butter, reserve...

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus I never understood doing oil last either. A few months ago my salon started carring a very nice face oil and my stylist told me to use it first. So I have been doing that for months. Then I read recently that oil can't always penetrate your other skincare. So this week I started using my oil last over my moisturizer. It definitely makes a difference. I feel like it seals in the rest of my skincare. My skin is very dry so it can handle very hydrating products without sitting on top of my skin. 

Respected Contributor

I think she is pushing her regiment just to sell more goods.  Nobody in creation needs that many layers of skincare!  I also feel the skin dope and the regular argan oil don't need to be together, just choose one or the other.  The skin dope is meant for irritated or aggravated skin so if you don't have that condition, you really don't need it.  Personally I like many of her products but I don't use them the way she says.  Right now I use the resurfacing serum + face butter for day, and at night I would use one of the oils + sleeping nectar.  I can't do more than 2 items for daytime, no matter the conditon of my skin.  Makeup will just not adhere to that much material.

Honored Contributor

@Tricolor wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus I never understood doing oil last either. A few months ago my salon started carring a very nice face oil and my stylist told me to use it first. So I have been doing that for months. Then I read recently that oil can't always penetrate your other skincare. So this week I started using my oil last over my moisturizer. It definitely makes a difference. I feel like it seals in the rest of my skincare. My skin is very dry so it can handle very hydrating products without sitting on top of my skin. 

@Tricolor @Shanus 
Yes, the general rule of thumb has always been the thinnest products went on first.  But with the popularity of oils, “they” now say that those should go on last because they seal in the other products.  Oils themselves are apparently not moisturizing, hence the possible need for a cream moisturizer first.
I happen to use some of Josie’s products, and I’ve tried mixing up the order of use.  I have to admit, she’s right about what works best in the order she recommends, at least for me.   
As for all the other products, this is just the same as any other beauty line, the company starts with one product (or a few simple ones), and if it takes hold, the customers start clamoring for other products.  It’s happened with several of the lines here at the Q.