Respected Contributor

Thanks @Bella Carro.  I hope my post didn't imply that I thought the other 100% argan oils were somehow inferior to JM.  Not at all.  I was just stating my personal preference and what works for me.

I obviously know nothing about the way that JM products are processed.  But she claims they are not heated...

Honored Contributor

I recall that posters here have stated that when questioned, JM's company does say that the oil is deodorized.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@islandgrrl wrote:

Thanks @Bella Carro.  I hope my post didn't imply that I thought the other 100% argan oils were somehow inferior to JM.  Not at all.  I was just stating my personal preference and what works for me.

I obviously know nothing about the way that JM products are processed.  But she claims they are not heated...

@islandgrrl, I, too, did not mean to imply anything about your post.  Some folks, though may think argan oil from another source is less than because of the differences.  

If JM is claiming the oil is not heated I guess ya gotta believe her.  I don't think she would knowingly mislead people.  But, if there is noticeably less odor it has to be deodorized somehow.  Maybe they filter it through clay a bunch.  I've done a lot of reading up on oils and their properties in the last year and haven't come across another way to deodorize other than steam but that doesn't mean there isn't one.  Maybe that clever, wrinkle free, seventy year old Morrocan woman has more tricks up her sleeve!Woman Surprised