Frequent Contributor

Josie's new 4 piece kit - I think something is wrong w mine.

I use many of Josie's products including argan oil, milk, and body butter and I was really looking forward to trying her face butter.  Got my kit, it looked brand new and I had no reason to believe it wasn't but when I opened the face butter there was no thin cardboard type safety seal like the one that comes on her body butter.  I was so excited to try it I decided it must just come that way and talked myself out of the thought saying "this doesn't seem right" and used it.  Aarrrgggg!   Every thing comes w a safety seal of some sort now a days, what was I thinking?  Those of you that got this kit w the mascara, 1 oz milk, argan oil, and the super sized face butter did yours have a safety seal/cover or any cover over the face butter besides the lid?  It stands to reason the face butter would have the same packaging as the body butter.  Every makeup, face, body, bath product regardless of brand that I've got from the Q has had a little thin cardboard type cover attached to container under the lid, I feel so foolish for using this when it didn't have one.  I'd appreciate you sharing your knowledge about it. 

Thanks ladies!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Josie's new 4 piece kit - I think something is wrong w mine.

A little 'missing' cardboard - I don't get the big deal.  It had a cover on it, didn't it?

Respected Contributor

@judEve  Some of her body butters have come that way, while others have the cover.  I wouldn't be concerned.

Laura loves cats!
Trusted Contributor

Nope I would not worry about it !

Respected Contributor

@judEve...I received the same 4 pce kit U did. My face butter came with a cardboard safety cover on it. Perhaps your cover is stuck in the top of the jar.
Honored Contributor

I'm currently using one of the large size body butters, not from the new TSV but it had no seal on it.  It's fine -  it's one of those things that seems to last forever.  I'm a few months in with no ill effects.

Respected Contributor

Many of Josie's products do not have a safety seal. Some of the Josie Mara body butters do, but it depends on the size. The 2 and 4-ounce tubs usually come with a safety seal. The 8, 13, and 19-ounce tubs usually do not. I can't remember about the face butter, but give that so many of her products have no safety seal, I wouldn't worry about it. 

Respected Contributor

My face butter in that TSV kit had a thin plastic disc laying on the jar under the lid but it was not attached to the jar.    Sometimes the thin disc gets caught inside the lid.