Honored Contributor

Re: Josie's color cosmetics to leave Sephora!!!

@HappyDaze It was all cosmetics, you're right. I still have a Barney's Beauty Catalog (boy, they're gorgeous little books) that is showcasing her new line. It tells how the famous model has turned to the creator of all natural cosmetics; how good they are, how good for the skin they are, etc. The selection is amazing and the packaging is NOTHING like it is now....it resembled the old Hourglass Cosmetic packaging.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SahmIam wrote:

@HappyDaze It was all cosmetics, you're right. I still have a Barney's Beauty Catalog (boy, they're gorgeous little books) that is showcasing her new line. It tells how the famous model has turned to the creator of all natural cosmetics; how good they are, how good for the skin they are, etc. The selection is amazing and the packaging is NOTHING like it is now....it resembled the old Hourglass Cosmetic packaging.

@SahmIam wow you still have the catalog? I would love to see what other things she had back then. Her My favorite powders palette, wildflower palette and her natural wonders (I call it the butterfly palette) palettes were so pretty and great quality. She also had a lip palette I loved- I think it had 4 colors in it.

Honored Contributor

@BaileyBop wrote:

I'm not looking forward to the day I use up my last Taupe Evercolor Shadow Stick.  Anyone know of a dupe?

@BaileyBop Have you tried any of Bobbi Brown's cream eyeshadows?

I love them and they stay put all day long.

Respected Contributor

Josie's body butters are my all time favorite...I am so glad for the unscented products, I love them...but her Face Butter is the best I have used for my skin and I have used it all..

Be sure and let the Face Butter soak in before applying ( the oil on top at night) or (I use the milk under during the day).. Easy, simple, great results....

I have never used her color cosmetics, (except the cheek stick) which I love..

I would be happy for her to put her time in her skin care...Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

The lady at your local Sephora was mistaken. 

Contributor

If she is going to focus exclusively on skincare, it is odd to me that she just launched a new foundation. Thats quite an investment to develop and launch if they are changing their company focus. I follow Josie Maran on instagram and she keeps commenting that all shades of the new foundation will be in Sephora by mid-march.

I wonder if she means just your specific store?  i have 2 sephoras by me and the smaller one only has josie skincare.  The larger one (almost twice the size) has josie skincare and color cosmetics.  

Valued Contributor

I hope this is incorrect. We have a small Sephora and I've bought all of my JM color there and love getting to sample and try thus avoiding s&h to return.
Super Contributor

I am hoping it is incorrect, too.  I was thinking when she told me that how odd it was that Josie just launched a new foundation.  Maybe it is just that location but she said all sephora's and the sales people at sephora, no offense to anyone in particular, some more knowledgable and helpful that others, that's for sure!!!   I wanted a clinique eye palette that was online (a pink honey affair); I went in just for that; some lady kept trying to direct me to other palettes, so I just went to another sales lady and she ordered it for me right there on her phone that they all have that links to online and I paid for it then too.  I should have asked a different lady!

Regular Contributor

Our sephora is a tiny one inside JC Penny and their display space is at a premium-the manager has told me they are constantly reshuffling what they carry. My guess is its probably that specific store so keep an eye peeled-when my Sephora turns over a brand they clearance the product out. The mgr said they prefer to do that over sending it to another store, etc. Ive gotten some great deals just from being in the store at the right time!

Super Contributor

Hope she still offers her tinted SPF moisturizer, as I use it everyday and love it. It makes your skin glow and look hydrated. ITs my favorite out of all the hundreds of others I have tried in the market.