Trusted Contributor

Re: Josie's TSV - smells like Patchouli

[ Edited ]

@boymom221 wrote:

I received my TSV today and was so disappointed with the scent of the vanilla almond body butter!  My husband and I both thought it smelled very spicy and exactly like Patchouli!  I cannot detect any vanilla or almond scents whatsoever.  I too was hoping for a sweeter bakery smell, but this just wasn't it. Will probably return and try to get the unscented (which I ordered for my mom and wish I had ordered for myself too!).  I love Josie's products and will keep ordering more, but may just stick with unscented in the future....

My experience was the same as your's. I was hoping for something similar to the Perlier White Almond scent but, for me, there was no almond or vanilla. It was like a trip to a hippie incense and oil shop from the 60s.  Definitely patchouli oil. This one was also an instant asthma and headache trigger so it's going back.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I could hardly smell anything,I was dissapointed ,to me it was very much unscented  Smiley Sad

I was expecting it to be like Perlier's wonderful  almond scent.

Trusted Contributor

I got mine today and I can't decide if I really like it or not. It has a little of a green herbally note to me with some spice. I wish it was more like it was described. i don't hate it, so I will see how it works.

Respected Contributor

Thank you, doglvr, for responding to my plea. I'm actually interested in the one with the scent (hopefully, patchouli-like).

Frequent Contributor

I'm sending mine back as I don't like the smell either. It's certainly not almond nor vanilla. More of a spicy smell-like a man's cologne.

I wish Josie would name her body butters more accurately as it costs money to keep sending them back. And most of the time the body butters has a huge amount missing from it. The face butter is missing about a third of the product.

Occasional Contributor

The smell on mine was so faint I thought it might be the unscented. When I put it on, I could smell it - I think it's more almond than vanilla, but I don't smell patchouli. I wish I did, since I like it!

Contributor

I recieved mine and absolutely love the scent! Also I heard some people who don't like the scent got jars that weren't full. My came filled to the brim. I feel bad that some people must have gotten a bad batch or something.

I got the lemon verbena body butter and cleansing butter OTO and really love that too except the top of the cleansing butter must have arrived damaged and I tried to use it in the shower this morning and cleansing butter squirted up at me! Not sure if I return it if I won't be part of the AD anymore. Does anyone know?