Respected Contributor

Re: Josie's TSV - smells like Patchouli

@gemologygal wrote:

I looked at the ingredients again and I think the cedarwood, sandalwood, and patchouli that are listed coul;d be what's contributing to the part of the scent that isn't agreeing with some folks.  Just a guess, but maybe those scents were included to mimic a nutty aroma?  I could be wrong though!  I happened to like the scent and submitted a customer review in favor of it because while it didn't necessarily smell like a sweet bakery scent, it still reminded me of a bread bakery with a touch of that marzipan scent. She probably could have omitted the "Vanilla" from the name because I totally don't get that from smelling it.  Maybe the creative powers that be could have named this  body butter scent Almond Nut Bread or Nutty Muffin?  lol

Oh I love it also, after you have it on the almond nutty scent is wonderful...the face butter, oh my I will beg JM to never stop making it...Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

To me it smells like a lighter version of Jergens.  I do not smell patchouli at all. 

Honored Contributor

I didn't get that one because I'm already locked into the previous TSV with the body butters. She's really hit or miss with the scents for me. Many of them don't smell like what they're called.

I ordered the AD TSV with the caramel apple scent because I wanted lated scents. I thought I'd hate the caramel apple scent and give it away, but I LOVED it. It really did smell like caramel and green apple. I was worried it would be like WEN's Fall Apple Spice, which smells like super cloying maple to me.

The next in the AD for me is Toasted Brown Sugar, and I have no idea what that will smell like because so often they smell nothing like their names would indicate.

Occasional Contributor

I was scared it would smell like cherry, as almond extract often does, that is why I didn't purchase it. I do really love the vanilla bean and unscented body butters though.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@gracerp wrote:

I received my Almond TSV and it smells like patchouli or mens aftershave - wondering if anyone elses does?  I wanted the bakery smell.  Usually love her body butter smells.  This one is not a fave.

That is too bad. I debated about buying it and waited so long it was sold out. But then they brought out the Strawberries and Cream package, which sold me. It just arrived yesterday and I have no complaints. Try that one if you can ladies, that is of course if you like those scents...it was a body oil, sugar scrub, lip gloss and body butter. Glad I got it on AD. And do not worry, it does not smell like artificial strawberies like the old Strawberry Shortcake dolls I gew up with in the 80s lol!

Respected Contributor

Second request: item number, please?

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

The TSV sold out the day presented.  The A-D number was A277985.

Occasional Contributor

I love the smell of this new body butter, it has to be one of my favorite's. I also ordered the strawberry's and cream and that smells odd to me and will be going back. To each his own!

Super Contributor

Ugh what a waste if it doesn't smell good.  I don't know why she has such issues with her scents.  Now I'm not even looking forward to it.  Will probably return.  I ordered the Vanilla Almond. Way too much $ for something that isn't amazing.

Respected Contributor

@insomniac wrote:

Second request: item number, please?

@insomniac  The unscented is available now. Earlier today, the scented was available.

http://www.qvc.com/Josie-Maran-Whipped-Argan-Oil-ButterySoft-Skin4-pc-Kit-Auto-D-Vanilla-Almond.prod...

Keep checking as it comes back periodically.