Contributor

Josie's TSV - smells like Patchouli

I received my Almond TSV and it smells like patchouli or mens aftershave - wondering if anyone elses does?  I wanted the bakery smell.  Usually love her body butter smells.  This one is not a fave.

Occasional Contributor

Re: Josie's TSV - smells like Patchouli

Yeah, I found the scent surprisingly odd -- I kept getting a weird cinnamon note? Not the almond paste and vanilla aromas from the bakery that I would have loved. Very sad about this! Already packed it up to go back 🙁

Respected Contributor

Well we all have different likes & dislikes when it comes to scents...

Mine just arrived and I love it...I think the smell is just like I thought it would be.

I rubbed some on my arm and it smelled even better, (almond really came thru) 

Sorry you didn't like yours, maybe they will have one of the unscented left....

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh, I love the smell of patchouli. Now I'm interested in the product. What is the item #?

Valued Contributor

I too pick up the cheap aftershave smell and even the cinnamon. But no patchouli. I dont like it at all. Mine is going back too, very unfortnate, I liked the other products. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

lol doesn't surprise me- only one or two of her scents actually smell like their name indicates. I LOVE the body butters but the scents are horrible. I had so much excitement  for her Jasmine, Honeysuckle and Cucumber Aloe scents and they all smelled nothing like Jasmine, Honeysuckle or cucumber aloe.  So disappointed.

Occasional Contributor

I received my TSV today and was so disappointed with the scent of the vanilla almond body butter!  My husband and I both thought it smelled very spicy and exactly like Patchouli!  I cannot detect any vanilla or almond scents whatsoever.  I too was hoping for a sweeter bakery smell, but this just wasn't it. Will probably return and try to get the unscented (which I ordered for my mom and wish I had ordered for myself too!).  I love Josie's products and will keep ordering more, but may just stick with unscented in the future....

Respected Contributor

Mine did not smell like Patchouli at all!  I love this scent, in fact it is now my absolute favorite.  It reminds me of Jergens which I used to use years ago which smelled like almonds.   This smells exactly like the old fashioned Jergens and I am thrilled that I ordered it.  Absolutely ymmy!

Trusted Contributor

I'm still anxiously awaiting mine. I've tried the oil a long time ago, but none of the creams. I hope my nose finds the Jergens scent, which I love, and not patchouli, which I HATE!

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I looked at the ingredients again and I think the cedarwood, sandalwood, and patchouli that are listed could be what's contributing to the part of the scent that isn't agreeing with some folks.  Just a guess, but maybe those scents were included to mimic a nutty aroma?  I could be wrong though!  I happened to like the scent and submitted a customer review in favor of it because while it didn't necessarily smell like a sweet bakery scent, it still reminded me of a bread bakery with a touch of that marzipan scent. She probably could have omitted the "Vanilla" from the name because I totally don't get that from smelling it.  Maybe the creative powers that be could have named this  body butter scent Almond Nut Bread or Nutty Muffin?  lol