Respected Contributor

Funny how she has NOT run out of her special Reserve oil yet!!!

Valued Contributor

Its probably a gimic to get you to rush & buy. 

I remember years ago Adrienne was selling things with argon oil on HSN & she kept saying there's only one tree in all of (was it Morocco?) that produces this. I think that one tree must be really busy with all the lines with argon oil now. 

Trusted Contributor

😹😹😹  Genuine Argan Oil is about as rare as Genuine Tanzanite.

Honored Contributor

You can't get any more trees if you take all the seeds. 

A lot of places seem to pulling things out of "the Vault".  I often wonder if that's really the case or just another gimmick.  

D'mitri can get his minions to come up with an EFFECTIVE neck cream just like that after he says he wants to take off to have plastic surgery.  Too bad our drug companies can't be so efficient.

Oh, and Mr. Ojon trekked off into the wilderness AFTER his mom asked for something for her hair, found the magical Ojon seed, came back, and crafted Ojon all before she finished her cancer treatments.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: Josie's Reserve

[ Edited ]

🤑  I think Josie should team up with Jay King and go on a Safari for the elusive "Hidden Treasures of the World."

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bargainsgirl wrote:

Funny how she has NOT run out of her special Reserve oil yet!!!

If she lives in California, she might have an oil pump in her back yard....

Oil Industry Nodding Donkey Well Pumps Stock Photo - Download Image Now - iStock

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Adrienne did not mean one single tree, obviously. She meant the argan tree produces the argan nut only in those indiginous climates; would not be able to thrive here.

I did try Josie's reserve once and did not find it in any way superior to other oils that I've tried.

But, since it is darker in color, it stands to reason that it is more nutrient dense, just like the difference in the various olive oils. 

Respected Contributor

Nor will she ever.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess   Gimmicks sell skincare and makeup more than actual results....Broad statement, so I'll add sometimes. 

There's only so many claims that are believable and then I scratch my head and think who's falling for all this.

Many of the vendors look the same as 20 yrs. ago...models and some hosts, too. Products or surgery? Hair models have a head full of follicles to begin with. They could shampoo with Dawn and have great hair days.LOL

Since my "pink face incident", the derm recommended Aveeno Oat something for redness and irritation. I bought everything at Target from cleansers to moisturizers...All my "fancier skincare" is waiting patiently on the shelf. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Icegoddess   Gimmicks sell skincare and makeup more than actual results....Broad statement, so I'll add sometimes. 

There's only so many claims that are believable and then I scratch my head and think who's falling for all this.

Many of the vendors look the same as 20 yrs. ago...models and some hosts, too. Products or surgery? Hair models have a head full of follicles to begin with. They could shampoo with Dawn and have great hair days.LOL

Since my "pink face incident", the derm recommended Aveeno Oat something for redness and irritation. I bought everything at Target from cleansers to moisturizers...All my "fancier skincare" is waiting patiently on the shelf. 

@Shanus I like the Aveeno face wash I use.  I'm sure the oat will be calming.  I use one of the Positively Radiant face washes, one that doesn't have a foam that comes out.  I kinda think that's a gimmick too.  

I'm reminded by my hairdresser about the number of follicles every time I bring a picture in for her.  Plus, I have baby fine hair.

I feel the same about the hand demonstration.  You could put water on one hand and it's going to look different than the hand that has nothing on it.  And when some people do it, it looks like they're really clenching that After hand more than they're clenching their Before hand.  Not a fair representation.