Trusted Contributor

Josie's Protect & Perfect SPF 47 Radiance

I saw A374441, Josie Maran Protect & Perfect SPF 47 Radiance w/ Argan Mascara, presented last night, and thought about ordering since I need a new SPF. This morning I was looking over the product information and saw it contains carmine, so I won't be buying.

Just wanted to share that information for any others who'd prefer to use products that don't contain color made from boiled insects.

There is a version of Protect & Perfect without the carmine, A267054.

carmine.PNG

Honored Contributor

Re: Josie's Protect & Perfect SPF 47 Radiance

Well, that's a no for me.

I was waiting and waiting for her SunBoost SPF 47 in the 4oz. size to come in again but nope.  And I don't really like the Protect and Perfect.

I've moved on.  A product that has been doing really well for me is colorscience SUNFORGETTABLE Total Protection Face Shield SPF 50 100% Mineral.

It's great under makeup or alone.  It has a slight tint which I find works very well for me as daily wear without makeup.

Kinda pricey but so is Josie's stuff.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Caffeina  - Wow - I've never heard of it.  Is carmine in a lot of products on the market?  I don't know anything about it.

Guess I can google.

Trusted Contributor

@San Antonio Gal 

I don't know how often it's used, and I don't buy a lot of cosmetics. In the future I'll always make sure to check ingredients, particularly if there are pink, red, reddish brown, purple or similar colors present.

Esteemed Contributor

@Caffeina ugh. Another thing I learned on this board.  Thank you.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Esteemed Contributor

It is kind of interesting if you Google it.  It isn't vegan or kosher.  It is in a lot of foods such as ketchup.  It is a alternative for coal tar products.

I am kind of surprised that Josie would use this.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!