Honored Contributor

Josie has 2 new serums on her website!

• Argan Bright Skin Vitamin C Serum
  • Argan Smooth Skin Resurfacing Serum

Looks like she is focusing on expanding beyond just Argan oil.  I love the Skin Dope & we all need Vitamin C, so these look cool!  I'm sure they will make their way to QVC, but I may get them from her site since she has free shipping.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

Here's what I don't "get" about skin care.  What if I want smooth skin AND bright skin?  It seems (to me) that cosmetics are just too specialized.  Same with mascara.  What if I want length AND conditioning?

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

Here's what I don't "get" about skin care.  What if I want smooth skin AND bright skin?  It seems (to me) that cosmetics are just too specialized.  Same with mascara.  What if I want length AND conditioning?

Some ingredients can't be combined together so they need to be in separate formulations and you can choose based on your needs.  Those two serums have either Vitamin C or Lactic acid. I don't think they would combine well.  I guess the same could apply to mascara too, perhaps if you put too many ingredients in it, it would not wear/apply well.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Isn't the big appeal of facial oils that you get everything you need (including naturally occurring vitamins and antioxidants) all in one? The simplicity is the point, I thought.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

Welcome to the skincare rabbit hole. Woman Wink This is exactly why and how I started cocktailing and layering serums.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Contributor

What is the difference between the regular Argan Oil and the new hemp oil?  Does one work better than the other or is one of them a lighter moisturizer?

Honored Contributor

@wheezebear 

I believe the Skin Dope is lighter than the Argan oil.  I no longer use the Argan oil because it is too heavy for me.  However, I apply the Skin Dope twice a day & it never feels too heavy, even under make-up.  I’m loving it!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

@wheezebear  There is a difference between hemp and argan oils.  Which is better is a matter of personal results. 

When Josie's line debuted the marketing pitch was all about the wonder of argan oil.  However, none of these celebrities use only their own money for these ventures. They have financial backers and partners who want to see their investments grow and that happens through expanding, so ultimately new products appear that are a departure from the original lineup. This helps expand the customer base so that the brand isn't comepletely dependent on one group of customers to stay afloat.  Think of all the people who don't like oils, or even if they like oils maybe not argan oil, so these new products may attract them to try the brand while at the same time offering devoted customer something else to choose from.  In other words it's smart business to not get boxed in as a one trick pony line.