Trusted Contributor

Josie's Lip Butter Lipstick

[ Edited ]

Hi,  

has anyone used these as blush?  I'm looking for s sheer dewey blush, and one that lasts a bit. Her color sticks are too big to throw into my purse- I've downsized my purses, my neck and shoulders are thanking meCat Happy

Cat Very HappyHeartCat Very Happy

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Josie's Lip Butter Lipstick

@skittles2  HI! Unless Josie changed the formula, the lip butter I have is a neutral pink but it does have a slight sting, which I would not consider a plumper but I would not use it on my cheeks tho. You can use one of your creamy or satin lipsticks on your cheeks. I do like the one I have tho, I find it creamy & not drying on my lips & it has the slightest sting which does not last long at all. You may want to test a small amount, just a dab to see if it works out for you,

Respected Contributor

@skittles2I have 2 sheer & dewy lip balms that I sometimes wear on my cheeks. Fresh tinted lip balm with spf 15 in the shade Bloom. A very pretty soft pink......Burt's Bees tinted lip balm in the shade Rose & Zinnia. Both have many shades to choose from....

Trusted Contributor

@Kabella 

Thank you for the info!  I usually like lipgloss or balm with a lttle dewey look, and love the size to throw in a  small purse. I know Josie has her big and mini color sticks, but they're bulky for my purse.

I love Fresh. I have an old liptint in Rose, love it. However, Fresh isn't cruelty free. I didn't know at the time I bought it. I know now.  I cannot support Fresh. I wish they would pull out of China.

On their website's FAQ's, they address animal testing; saying they're trying to stay with alternate methods, and no mention of selling in China. China requires testing. But on Cruelty Free sites it lists the same answer from Fresh with the China sentence.  

Fresh has removed that sentence; either they've pulled out of China, but if that was true, there would have been some notification; or they purposely have omitted the China info.

Rose is such a pretty shade, the color looks darker than it really is,  it goes on sheer.

I don't know if Josie's lipstick/tint are sheer, some of them look really dark, and matte- which I don't want.

Search is on....

Thanks again!

Cat Very HappyHeartCat Very Happy

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi @skittles2  

I can't help you with Josie's Lip Butter but I can highly recommend IT Cosmetics cream blush in Naturally Pretty. This has a sheer and dewy finish and is long lasting. The color is truly perfect. It's a natural shade that is very similar to a  healthy flush of color. This has continued to be my all time favorite cream blush product and I've tried many. Nothing has surpassed this. A little goes a long way. Apply very sparingly, the color is concentrated. The pot will last forever. I use it on my lips too. Lots and lots of 5 star reviews. You can purchase with a brush or without. I found I'd over apply with the brush and use my fingers or a beauty blender sponge for amazing results. ♡♡♡