Honored Contributor

Josie's Body Butter/Divine Drip

[ Edited ]

I thought I would give Josie's body butter another chance.  I actually ordered it from her website because of the choice of scents.  I selected Jasmine and it is very, very nice.  Not overwhelming yet the scent comes through.  I was very happy with the body butter.   Now I ordered Josie's Divine Drip Duo in Honey Vanilla and Honey Lilac.  The lilac scent won me over as far as ordering.  I can't wait to get to see what the difference is between the butter and the drip.  lol  Acutally, it is funny when comparing that way.  I purchased the Divine Drip from the Q.    I won't be able to purchase on an ongoing basis unless there is some discount.  Prices are high and I am on a fixed income.   Anyone else try the Divine Drip?  Thoughts?   Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I wish I could contribute to this; however, I have only tried her body butter.  I got a variety of scents and fell in love with the mango.  I had some "pink sugar" essential oil and added that to the unscented and that was lovely too.

I am anxious to hear everyone's thoughts on the Divine Drip.  What is supposed to be the difference? 

Thanks so much for starting this thread. 

Super Contributor

I just received the divine drip duo, the balm and the sleeping nectar.  I am in love with both products, especially the balm.  I think it is less greasy than the body butter.  I have super dry sensitive skin, my hands are like sandpaper, this balm makes my skin feel so smooth and silky.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Josie's Body Butter/Divine Drip

Yes,I bought it and loved it. It has luxurious feel to it. But not greasy.
Honored Contributor

Love!!!! Many JM products. Divine Drip "Honey" scent use on face, neck, and decollet amazing. Last TSV! Incredible value. Last week Q offered again. 

Plan never being without my beloved items. Thanks! Josie. 💞

Regular Contributor

Love her body butter and the divine drip. I have been putting a bit of divine drip in my face right before bed and my skin feels so nice in the morning- it really does give a nice moisture boost. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1

HI KatCat,   I've happily used the body butter for years.  It's been about a month that I purchased Divine Drip 10oz large jar in Cranberry. I love it!

Last week I purchased peach, love that more than cranberry.

I use it every day; hands, body, face. I like it better than the body butter for hydration and scent. Don't get me wrong I still love the body butter, and I have the Sleeping Nectar which I really like!

I think I use less of the Drip because it's thicker, I don't do a scoop-like dip, more of flat rub.

The 10oz tub is cost effective and on easy pay, thats the way to go for me.

HTH's

p.s. her's my Josie items:

Milk

regular Oil

Reserve

Nectar

Butter

Divine Drip

did have the cleanser 

did have the exfoliating powder

I perfer using a Micellar water for a one step

Cat Very HappyHeartCat Very Happy

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Respected Contributor

The difference for me is that the body butter is lighter & whipped in consistency but takes longer to absorb. The Honey Drip Balm has a thicker more denser consistency & absorbs quickly. The body Butter leaves the skin with a glow whereas the Drip is more of a semi-matte finish on my skin. I can not use it on my face as its too thick for my normal skin type. I love both for different reasons. I mostly use the Drip on targeted dryer areas on my body & also like it as as neck cream. Its new to me & I couldn't pass up the price in the  supersized honey. The Drip is great for dry & super dry skin. The hydration seems to last longer with the Drip Balm imo. 

Respected Contributor

I've been using the honey drip balm as my eye and night cream.  I love how it has softened the lines around my eyes and tightened up the area.  My skin has a nice glow even at my age of 65.  It's also a very nice hand and foot cream.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm a big fan of Josie Maran products. I love the body butter (unscented) but have used the Divine Drip (original honey scent). My skin is super dry and sensitve and these products have made such a difference in moisturizing it back to life. The way I describe the difference between the two types is: body butter is everyday maintance for your skin and divine drip is extra care for those troubled areas. 

I have both in my vanity but have the body butter on A/D.  I purchase the Divine Drip in the super size when it's available.  If I had to choose only one then it would depend on how you use it: daily or weekly or just in the winter months.