Valued Contributor

Re: Josie's Argan Oil claims

I've heard her say this too. I ordered her last TSV, and her body butter. I like them, but I see better results from my Philosophy products. They smell incredible too! Josie's argan oil feels nice on the skin, but it does not smell nice at all! Glad I tried them though{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor

On 7/7/2014 maestra said:

Today was the 1st time I've ever watched JM and she did say 'it gets rid of wrinkles'. She is singlehandedly going to keep the Q's legal team working w/a statement like that. I also have no ax to grind w/this vendor, she was background noise while I was needlepointing.

I have no axe either, but she is asking for trouble, and I'm surprised that TPTB haven't taken her aside for a reminder.

Oh, and I don't think this is nitpicking at all.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

She has a lifestyle to maintain now and anything goes. I just can not understand why she makes a fool of herself scrunching up her face when she makes these great claims. And I don't like people that lie.

Trusted Contributor

Ladies, i can't agree more. Furthermore she claims to have "discovered " argon oil as a beauty treatment. How can you discover something that has been used to achieve and maintain beauty for centuries? Did she pay the people from whom she stole the rights to distribute their own product a portion of her proceeds?

Adrien Arpel has had argon oil products of all kinds for years in every form you can imagine and this is only one manufacturer/developer.

What irks me most is that people pay the exorbitant prices she charges for an oil that can be purchased with greater assurance of purity and authenticity from several excellent natural product manufacturers. I personally purchased 4 oz bottles of guaranteed 100% pure argon oil from two of these companies and I know exactly what's in the bottle, how it was cultivated, extracted, processed and bottled. (BTW What on earth is a "light oil"? ) And I paid ~ $20.00 for each of them.

SCA's products are far more elegant and often supported by independent researchers and just may be worth the huge profit margin. e.g. getting your argon oil in gorgeous deep blue earlescent caps , each individual application fresh with no risk contamination and small blue genie bottles with temple shaped gold tops, and crystalline jars of elegant creams at least satisfies your need to feel pampered.

I too strenuously object to the petty bickering and character assassination going on in the forums. It serves no purpose but to exhibit how bitter some people are and how they feel compelled to spew all their venom out on the rest of us. So, if I were to rate the two evils I'd rather put up with the cute little celebrity too young to understand ethics than read the blitz attacks of her sanctimonious detractors.

Honored Contributor

On 7/7/2014 2113 said:

Ladies, i can't agree more. Furthermore she claims to have "discovered " argon oil as a beauty treatment. How can you discover something that has been used to achieve and maintain beauty for centuries? Did she pay the people from whom she stole the rights to distribute their own product a portion of her proceeds?

Adrien Arpel has had argon oil products of all kinds for years in every form you can imagine and this is only one manufacturer/developer.

What irks me most is that people pay the exorbitant prices she charges for an oil that can be purchased with greater assurance of purity and authenticity from several excellent natural product manufacturers. I personally purchased 4 oz bottles of guaranteed 100% pure argon oil from two of these companies and I know exactly what's in the bottle, how it was cultivated, extracted, processed and bottled. (BTW What on earth is a "light oil"? ) And I paid ~ $20.00 for each of them.

SCA's products are far more elegant and often supported by independent researchers and just may be worth the huge profit margin. e.g. getting your argon oil in gorgeous deep blue earlescent caps , each individual application fresh with no risk contamination and small blue genie bottles with temple shaped gold tops, and crystalline jars of elegant creams at least satisfies your need to feel pampered.

I too strenuously object to the petty bickering and character assassination going on in the forums. It serves no purpose but to exhibit how bitter some people are and how they feel compelled to spew all their venom out on the rest of us. So, if I were to rate the two evils I'd rather put up with the cute little celebrity too young to understand ethics than read the blitz attacks of her sanctimonious detractors.

I've read your post three times now. I must be not doing well, because your last paragraph seems to contradict all that came before. You call out her "sanctimonious detractors," but isn't that what you did in your first paragraph?

Did I misunderstand?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

Well all I can say is within 3 weeks of using it once daily, the wrinkles between my eyes are gone. My forehead is not twenty looking, but no wrinkles. It also makes the texture so much better. I love it.
Honored Contributor

On 7/7/2014 suzyQ3 said:
On 7/7/2014 2113 said:

I've read your post three times now. I must be not doing well, because your last paragraph seems to contradict all that came before. You call out her "sanctimonious detractors," but isn't that what you did in your first paragraph?

Did I misunderstand?

okay, lol, I thought I was the only one confused. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

All other vendors can not make such claims without studies that prove what she is claiming. And all other vendors can only say "diminish the appearance of", etc.. Only Josie makes her claims without the backing of studies.

And by the way, she has NEVER said she was the first and only person to discover agan oil- in fact, she credits the older lady for telling her about it. What she does say is that SHE discovered argan oil FOR THE FIRST TIME FOR HERSELF through this lady- she had not heard of argan oil before speaking with this lady. There is a BIG difference. So those that attack her for claiming to "discover" argan oil, they need to actually listen to what she says. For example, I personally did not discover argan oil but I discovered it for the first time and tried it for myself a few years ago when Josie maran presented it. See the difference? {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Super Contributor

Valued Contributor

I like the JM Argan Oil. I have acne prone skin and my doctor advised against using it. I do put it around my eyes and neck and it seems to help. I put it on my almost absent eyebrows and they are slowly coming back. When I put it on my arms, etc. it makes them softer. I am 60 and I do not expect any product to produce miracles. It must work on some people because the Q sells a lot of JM Argan oi.

Super Contributor

On 7/7/2014 HappyDaze said:
On 7/7/2014 suzyQ3 said:
On 7/7/2014 2113 said:

Did I misunderstand?

okay, lol, I thought I was the only one confused. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

All other vendors can not make such claims without studies that prove what she is claiming. And all other vendors can only say "diminish the appearance of", etc.. Only Josie makes her claims without the backing of studies.

And by the way, she has NEVER said she was the first and only person to discover agan oil- in fact, she credits the older lady for telling her about it. What she does say is that SHE discovered argan oil FOR THE FIRST TIME FOR HERSELF through this lady- she had not heard of argan oil before speaking with this lady. There is a BIG difference. So those that attack her for claiming to "discover" argan oil, they need to actually listen to what she says. For example, I personally did not discover argan oil but I discovered it for the first time and tried it for myself a few years ago when Josie maran presented it. See the difference? {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Thank you!