Valued Contributor

Does little for my skin. I've used it and her body butters. Moisturizers create a barrier to prevent moisture loss. Frankly any oil works. There is nothing in Argon Oil that is any different than other oils.

I find it obnoxious that she touts it as something unusual. It is not a biological oil which can penetrate the cells of the skin. You need serums and any good quality oil to prevent moisture loss.

Respected Contributor

I find it fun to watch the different vendors but also I make my own decisions. After years of playing around with different lines, I know what works for me. Of course, every skin vendor will tell you to use their product first if using any other product. For me I use Vitamin C first no matter what other serum I may apply after that. At night I use Retin A and only a night cream over it. I don't apply any other serums at night.

Valued Contributor

@galral wrote:

I use some of Josie's argan oil products, both skincare and make up. So this is not a bash. I like her products. However I find her advice to just use argan oil on your face without any other products absolutely ridiculous. It might be an effective marketing tool but makes no sense. Consider how much science has been developed with peptides. What about retinol? Would you only eat kale to the exclusion of any other vegetables?

It's just silly and I suspect she sells gazillions of her products and makes a considerable amount of money so this is a bit insulting.

@galral, not everyone needs peptides, retinols, etc.  My sister (in her late 50s) started using another brand with retinols.  Her skin began to act up, so she went to the derm.  When he asked her what she was using and she told him, he said to stop using retinols because she didn't need it.  She switched to JM's argon oil and hasn't had a problem since.  So no, Josie's recommendation is not ridiculous and not insulting.  I'm older than my sister, and I don't need retinols either.  Everyone's skin is different, at any age, and not everyone needs industrial strength skin treatments.