Honored Contributor

Re: Josie has a new product , and you won't believe what it's called !!!

I read an article that CBD oil would also be added to beauty products.

Respected Contributor

@MW in Iowa wrote:

My question is it , like that's so dope , or did she mean this is a drug oil. It doesn't make any difference it really could be either, Hemp oil has been in many products for years , this may sound stupid but i never wanted it on my skin because, wonder if you got drug tested would it show up in your system ?

Hemp seed oil doesn't contain the levels of cannibinoids or THC that is found in marijuana. You would have to ingest a very large amount of hemp seed oil to trigger a positive urine test.

I don't think use on the skin would ever trigger a false positive.

Esteemed Contributor

I used hemp oil a long time ago. It is richer in consistency than argan - what I call an oil with body. It was very nice on the skin. 

I've changed up my routine and no longer use oils that way. Although every a.m. I do an oil conditioning (as I call it) with a blend of oils that I particularly like, and ones that I can get outside of on-line ordering.

JM is way overpriced. I tried her reserve, which was no more or no less than what I've used otherwise. I have no interest to try anything else from her line.

Honored Contributor

Costco sells a great product called Hempz. It is a hand and body lotion. Very nice and the fragrance can be used by men or women.

In Michigan (west side) bug repellent is called bug dope. I don't like that.

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1  I agree with you. This is how this this new but extremely old product gets its bad wrap from & by those who really do not know nor understand what they're talking about. They jump on a bandwagon with others and bad mouth medical marijuana and have no understanding of all things good about it.

Honored Contributor

Applying hemp seed oil to the skin or ingesting it will not produce a positive drug test for THC or THC metabolites. Years ago I worked in a forensic drug testing lab so I know about these kinds of things. Poppy seeds are another story...

Honored Contributor

Josie Maran Dope Skin.jpg

Plenty of cannibus beauty products hitting the marketplace in 2019.  Another familiar QVC brand:

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cannabis and Oat Dry Oil

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cannabis and Oat Dry Oil ($30, available in February) uses cannabis sativa seed oil (another nonpsychoactive extract of cannabis), colloidal oatmeal, and other plant oils to calm irritated skin.

First-Aid-Beauty-Ultra-Repair-Cannabis-Oat-Dry-Oil.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

WOW how dumb I am.......years ago I used HSN's  Hemp Cuticle/Nail  oil..............I thought "HEMP" was a kind of rope................lol ................ that is  untill now!!!!

Trusted Contributor

Years ago Perlier had a great Hemp and Rosemary line with hand cream and cuticle oil.  I loved it.  I wish they still made it  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

There is a saying that the  younger people today use.  They call somthing DOPE as  something really cool... it is the new word for cool, hip... great.  So I see no issues with calling a product Skin Dope... you just need to be aware of the new languge used today.

I come from the "Groovy" generation.... most of us probably do.....