Valued Contributor

Watching Carolyn Gracie and Josie Maran present an argan oil set. Carolyn, who I think is one of the best hosts, was trying to provide info on the product. Josie kept interrupting and talking over Carolyn and provided no useful details. Josie kept gushing about the product. Carolyn gave info to help decide whether to purchase or not. Carolyn kind of laughed during all of this and you could tell she was just trying to move on. I had to turn the channel; it was too much. Maybe Josie took a breath and gave some useful details later on.

This is common behavior with many of the hosts/vendors, not just Josie. I can't get to the remote fast enough when it begins. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Josie: Quiet Please

[ Edited ]

I use the remote to silence her the moment I see her on the screen. If I had to listen to that made up sing song about the beautiful 70 year old women who looked like 40 (when pigs fly) I think I would throw a shoe through the screen.  I had Argan Oil in my bathroom cabinet for years before she found the old lady!  Maybe even before she was born!

Respected Contributor

Don't even get me started....I just change the channel. Ugh

Trusted Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

I use the remote to silence her the moment I see her on the screen. If I had to listen to that made up sing song about the beautiful 70 year old women who looked like 40 (when pigs fly) I think I would throw a shoe through the screen.  I had Argan Oil in my bathroom cabinet for years before she found the old lady!  

@Perkup I know...I've seen Argan oil at Whole Foods before it was named Whole Foods lol.

pigfly.jpg

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Honored Contributor

I love Josie's enthusiam for her products. 

Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

I love Josie's enthusiam for her products. 

I do too, and her bubbly personality.

Respected Contributor

I watched about the last twenty plus minutes of that show and those two just didn't seem to be a good fit. Haven't you met people in your own life where it seems like they're on one beat and you're on another? That's how it seemed with Carolyn and Josie last night. There was a lot of stepping on toes (lines) and neither one could get out or finish what they were saying. I found it odd as Carolyn is usually very good with vendors.  

Valued Contributor

I used to enjoy watching Josie. She is adorable. Seems like she is on all the time now. Don't watch at all. A lot of the vendors talk over the hosts. Carolyn is such a good host, it is probably hard for her to work with certain vendors. Diane G and Joy M on HSN would probably be the hardest.

Esteemed Contributor

Same goes for when Carolyn has to fly to the West Coast for the Ellen show - Ellen keeps babbling away no matter how hard Carolyn tries to keep the show on track.    Add Susan Graver to that list too. 

Honored Contributor

I think owners like Josie should be treated differently than paid spokespeople.  Years ago no one interrupted Cristina Carlino, she was treated as the expert on her own products (like her or not, and I know many don't).  Josie is not some shill.  I realize Carolyn also has a job to do but she should back off somewhat.  All of the vendors above have in common that their name is on the company.  JMO.