Honored Contributor

Re: Josie/QVC laughing all the way to the bank!

I'm all for finding dupes of higher end products.  However, when someone starts a thread like this, it is an immediate turn-off and sounds like the person has an ax to grind with the vendor or QVC.

I have used the JM AO in the past when it came in a kit.  I liked it and it did wonders for the dry ends of my hair in particular.  I too thought it was spendy so I did my research and there are tons of places to find first cold pressed 100% certified organic argan oil that is much cheaper than JM.  That is what I chose to do when I bought it. 

If someone sees a big difference between the JM version and another and wants to spend the money on JM, that is certainly their right.  I myself have bought dupes for products that turned out to be nothing like the original although others claimed they were identical.

This certainly isn't a big revelation.  This topic has been discussed a number of times.    

Honored Contributor

I am sure it won't be long and Josie will sell her company and make millions.  Yes, her prices are high but take a look at Logo prices for the cheap fabrics used.  Now that is a real joke.  Cat Tongue

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1  - Josie can sell and the Beekman Boys can sell and they can all ride off into the sunset.

Trusted Contributor

I find her argan butters are too greasy and don't soak into the skin. I bought the whipped argan oil body butter duo this year and it is way too greasy. It is ruining the leather in my car. I am not going to buy any more from this line.

Esteemed Contributor

@RhondaRena wrote:

Shea Organics has the best in my opinion and I always can find a 30% coupon. Their products are ethically sourced.

@RhondaRenaI agree. I bought a few items from Shea Organics several years ago and it was wonderful. If only I'd stick with something instead of using for a little while and then forgetting about it. I bet I still have a few little bottles in my medicine cabinet which I will have to throw out, but I'll never buy Josie Maran ever again. Total ripoff and I can't stand those artificial fragrances.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think she's making a small fortune off of her Skin Dope line.  Really unbelievable that she calls it that considering her products don't contain THC but hemp seed oil and argan oil.