Frequent Contributor

Good morning ladies!!! I was wondering if anyone has tried both Josies apricot cream & Philosphys apricot anything? I was thinking about maybe being able to combine the 2 but if the scents are not similar then it wouldn't be good. I love Philosphys shower gel but I absolutely hate the fact that they do not have a lotion/cream to go w/all of their scents. What's the point in showering in a great scent & getting out & putting on another cream that masks the smell? Not to mention, it will give me a chance to buy more Josie Maran products,lol. 

Trusted Contributor

Hi!  I love Josie's apricot hand lotion and body butter, really great light apricot scent.  I did not like Josie's apricot body wash, though, it didn't smell like apricot at all, very weird scent.  On the other hand, I immensely disliked Philosophy's apricot body lotion, it was like a strong, cheap candle, but their apricot body wash was soft and nice.  So my suggestion is Josie's apricot lotions and Philosophy's apricot body wash!  But that's just me!  Smiley Happy 

Trusted Contributor

Btw, I love your screen name!  haha

Frequent Contributor

I hate it when scents don't match up.Even when they're from the same company. I really like Josies stuff. And Philosophy too. And thanks ssooo much for a detailed description, I'll definitely try those combos!!! Thanks!!! My name is too funny!!!! And true!!!

Respected Contributor

@taginsc2016 (I agree with Tuesday -- great name):

Your thread reminds me of my experience with philosophy's Falling in Love. I was crazy for the fragrance when it came out and wore it frequently.  When philosophy announced they were doing a lotion I was beyond thrilled.  The lotion hit the stores and I ran down to Nordstrom to buy it: I was stunned how much I disliked it.  It smelled nothing like the fragrance to my senses. To me it was sour and strong.  That is how I turned to Amazing Grace -- because at least the spray and the lotion are light and pair well.

Regular Contributor

@TuesdayTaylor wrote:

Hi!  I love Josie's apricot hand lotion and body butter, really great light apricot scent.  I did not like Josie's apricot body wash, though, it didn't smell like apricot at all, very weird scent.  On the other hand, I immensely disliked Philosophy's apricot body lotion, it was like a strong, cheap candle, but their apricot body wash was soft and nice.  So my suggestion is Josie's apricot lotions and Philosophy's apricot body wash!  But that's just me!  Smiley Happy 

I'm the opposite of you regarding philosophy. I'm not crazy about the apricot shower gel, but LOVE the body lotion and spray.  It's my all-time favorite philosophy scent.  LOL...I guess I like cheap candles!

I've never tried Josie's, so now that's on my list.

Trusted Contributor

No Butterfly, you don't like cheap candles!  I'm sorry for saying that!  That's just what I remembered thinking when I tried it but my husband actually liked it.  I'm sorry, I'm sure you smell beautiful!  Scent really translates differently on different bodies. 

Regular Contributor

@TuesdayTaylor wrote:

No Butterfly, you don't like cheap candles!  I'm sorry for saying that!  That's just what I remembered thinking when I tried it but my husband actually liked it.  I'm sorry, I'm sure you smell beautiful!  Scent really translates differently on different bodies. 

No worries...I wasn't offended and I know that scent is subjective.  Smiley Happy