Respected Contributor

Any comments about Josie's mascara?  I have tried MANY.  I usually go back to Cover Girl.  Here is why.  Whenever I use any other mascara, if I am cooking and using my oven,  my mascara seems to "bake" onto my lashes and it is difficult to remove,  ONLY Cover Girl does not do that.  Sounds weird I know but that is my experience.  I will only use a mascara that is removable with soap and water.

Respected Contributor

@bargainsgirl   I've used her mascara and I like it - but, I am a minimalist. It's more like a black oil.  I like it.  It is a very natural look and your eyelashes are soft when you use it, so it's not a lengthening look.  It is not in any way waterproof so it comes off easily with soap and water. This is only my experience with it, and I know that others will have a different experience. 

I like it, but it is very different from Cover Girl. 

Super Contributor

You definitely do not get crinkly or hard eyelashes from her mascara. I wind up with a small half moon circle when I wear mascara even if it's waterproof, so I love this one even tho it is not waterproof. Why wear waterproof if aI wind of with a half moon under my eyes either way. Believe it ir not, my eyelashes are so light that I look like a mosquito without mascara.

Very nice texture.

Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl - My comments are similar to @Georgiagrama. My lashes are short and straight. For years I used the latest Lancôme one (I had a friend in the company who let me sample.) Then I discovered Mally - the "old" formula. I discovered Josie's products, was happy, and decided to try this. My lashes look shiny and soft. It is definitely a soap and water mascara. Someone I know asked me about my mascara once, so a few weeks later I gave her one (I had bought a multipack.) She liked it too.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I love her mascara...... as a matter of fact I just ordered the 5 pack tonight !!! 😊

Trusted Contributor

I tried it once and did not care for it. 

Honored Contributor

When Josie first introduced her makeup line, she offered brown mascara and then she stopped.  I liked it but she stopped making it.  I wish she would come back with a dark brown mascara.  I currently use Clinique Glossy (no frills) and it works just fine.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

I love it!  It never smudges, or drops black dots on my undereyes.  It is very black and it removes easily.  I bought the 5 pack last year, but because of Covid, I still have 3 left LOL.  I highly recommend it.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

My experience was not very good.  I have to say though mascara has always been a challenge for me,  for some reason I always get the racoon eyes no matter if waterproof or not.  My result with hers was I found it too thick and I did get those little black blobs.

I hardly ever wear it anyway but have used Clinique and it's about the best so far for me.

Frequent Contributor

I love this mascara for the reasons others have stated....easy to remove and very black.  My ONLY complaint is the size of the brush.  To me it is enormous!!  Sometimes makes it messy to apply, but I still use it.  Wish Josie would come out with a smaller brushed mascara in the same formula.