Honored Contributor

Josie Marian tinted facial sunscreen 47 SPF

I just received my big bottle yesterday and tried it out for the first time today. I wanted to ask those who use it, how much do you apply  to your face to receive enough SPF protection?   A tsp? A tbsp?  I want to be sure I am not spreading it too thin and in doing so, not getting the protection that  I think I am.

Thank-you so much for your input!🤗

Respected Contributor

Re: Josie Marian tinted facial sunscreen 47 SPF

I use it daily and love it. I find 2 pumps covers my face well. Any more than that feels too heavy as I am very oily. 

Respected Contributor

It's always a good idea to layer a tinted sunscreen over a non-tinted one because one would never apply enough of the tinted one to achieve the SPF on the bottle. Most people end up getting half or less of the stated SPF coverage from their tinted sunscreen or other makeup products containing SPF because they don't apply a thick enough layer. If you apply another sunscreen first, it helps you achieve adequate protection. 

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse  Rule of thumb, I first apply a moisturizer with spf and then my Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer w/spf.  All you want to do is what you would normally do with a moisturizer cover your face and massage in and not over do it.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1

That's right and that's how one can achieve adequate SPF, by layering in reasonable amounts, because nobody is going to slather one product on their face in a thick layer.

By the way, have you tried both the regular and oil-free versions of Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer and if so, can you share why you prefer the oil-free one?

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse  My skin is normal but I prefer the oil-free tinted moisturizer because the regular is a little runny and you end up wasting more.  It is the best tinted moisturizer I have ever used and the shade is perfect.  There are many shades to chose from warms, neutrals and cools.  I am cool (lol).  

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Update....I am really loving this product! I have worn it the last couple of days.  My skin just looks so plump and as Josie says " juicy". The tint is just enough to smooth out imperfections... and looks like my skin just better.   I put a dab of bye bye undereye under my eyes and on a small brown spot....my skin look flawless 🙂.  The added SPF is  just a plus.  I will purchase the untinted as well to put on my neck...or to wear on my face  when I am not going out and do not need tint.