Contributor

Has anyone received this 4-piece kit, scrub, body and face butter, and lipstick recently? The wnatermelon scent is very light and pleasant, but the jars were filled only about halfway! I thought I was seeing things when I first opened the face butter to find no product in half the jar. The same with the body butter and scrub. Their was no “leakage” around the lids, despite no seals,that would indicate it ran through the lid edges. This is the second shipment  I have had this happen to with products ordered last year. Have any of you experienced this with this line?

Respected Contributor

Re: Josie Marian Watermelon Kit

Yes, I've ordered many JM products as I do like them but encountered same problem--half-filled jars of cream. I know many ladies say the right amt. is in the jar but it seems deceiving as when she demos on air the jars are very full but that is not what you get when you get it home. Same with sugar scrub. The jars she shows all are very full but the one I got had big air hole.

Esteemed Contributor

The products are sold by WEIGHT .

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Valued Contributor

Be very careful with the scrub.  I nearly fell twice in the tub using it.  After that, NEVER again.

Respected Contributor

I have ordered directly from her online site, and all the jars were packed full, no air pockets.   I believe the machines that dispense the creams are picking up air pockets, likely not being mixed thoroughly.  Usually the machines are set to dispense the required amount.  If an air pocket is picked up, there's no way the machine detects it.  The jars are not weighed afterwards.

I've had this problem with Consult Beaute creams more than once, so I stopped buying them.  I actually scooped out all the cream and it only barely filled a 1 oz jar, and was supposed to be 1.7 oz.  Even if you address Qvc, you'll probably get another half full jar.  Its aggravating, and not getting what you paid for. 

Respected Contributor

@Dazlin wrote:

I have ordered directly from her online site, and all the jars were packed full, no air pockets.   I believe the machines that dispense the creams are picking up air pockets, likely not being mixed thoroughly.  Usually the machines are set to dispense the required amount.  If an air pocket is picked up, there's no way the machine detects it.  The jars are not weighed afterwards.

I've had this problem with Consult Beaute creams more than once, so I stopped buying them.  I actually scooped out all the cream and it only barely filled a 1 oz jar, and was supposed to be 1.7 oz.  Even if you address Qvc, you'll probably get another half full jar.  Its aggravating, and not getting what you paid for. 

I agree, for as pricey as it is, definitely not getting what we pay for. Wish JM would remedy this. I recently bought a jar of body cream--a dif. brand--on the Q and it was totally full with no huge air pockets taking up half the jar, so it can be done.

Respected Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

@Dazlin wrote:

I agree, for as pricey as it is, definitely not getting what we pay for. Wish JM would remedy this. I recently bought a jar of body cream--a dif. brand--on the Q and it was totally full with no huge air pockets taking up half the jar, so it can be done.

YES, and also...there's a reason they make 1 oz jars, and 1.7 oz, and so on, and so on🙄....otherwise, why not just use gallon size jars and put whatever they claim in it..LOL.

Respected Contributor

@Picky Lady wrote:

Has anyone received this 4-piece kit, scrub, body and face butter, and lipstick recently? The wnatermelon scent is very light and pleasant, but the jars were filled only about halfway! I thought I was seeing things when I first opened the face butter to find no product in half the jar. The same with the body butter and scrub. Their was no “leakage” around the lids, despite no seals,that would indicate it ran through the lid edges. This is the second shipment  I have had this happen to with products ordered last year. Have any of you experienced this with this line?

I ordered 3 sets of this. It is my absolute favorite scent.  I never worry about the amount in the jars or bottles as all of the product is done by weight. 

Deb

Respected Contributor

@Picky Lady  I haven't tried the watermelon, but I did order the Strawberry Daiquiri set and it is absolutely amazing.  I am a Vanilla Apricot gal, but this Strawberry collection is wonderful.  My jars were full. I also like the scrub and use it on my face - it only takes a little, but I really like it.   I will say that I think the body butter can settle some if exposed to heat, and, let's face it, sitting in a truck waiting to be delivered can get hot. 

I've received a couple that weren't filled to the brim, but the weight is always correct.  

I am spoiled by JM products.  I can smell a chemical based product now and it is so strong I can't use it.  I really enjoy Josie's natural products and scents.