Valued Contributor

Re: Josie Maran, the older French woman and Argon oil

On 10/22/2014 RJL-DLL 75 said:
On 10/22/2014 KatCat1 said:

Here we go again with some women always knocking Josie. Josie is pretty, she can just about any style clothes and there are so many jealous women because they wish they looked like her. Who cares whether there was an older French woman or not. Lighten up.

ITA, I think its sour grapes! There are a lot of people here that are very jealous of Josie's beauty and success so they have to constantly slam her and her products. Not very nice people!

Wrong!! Personally, I think Josie is absolutely adorable, but I am not the least bit jealous of her! My comment was only regarding the "French Woman Story" which she tells every single time she is on the Q. For all I know, the Q folks could be instructing her to tell the story, as she does seem a bit uncomfortable lately when she is reciting the encounter -- and I use her argan oil and other products!!

Respected Contributor

On 10/22/2014 santorini said:

I like her products, but every time I hear that story, I roll my eyes. She was 70 but looked 40. Yeah, right. I can picture friends sitting around trying to come up with a sales pitch with JM. "Let's say you saw someone and she was 70, but looked 50." "No, that doesn't sound impressive enough -- say she looked 40!" {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I personally don't think there was "a lady" and that the story was made up when she wanted to start her own line, but I do like her face powder and body butter.

If she was really 70 and looked 40 she needs to be on TV and show the world. To look 30 years younger is a bit of a stretch.

Contributor

On 10/22/2014 lolakimono said:

I found her! She's 78 now, BTW. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Contributor

Boy some of you really crack me up. I live alone and I have the giggles. The "cracking the nuts" put me over the edge. And the "rolling the r's when the woman is supposed to be french.

There are quite a few beauty products on QVC and I think each representative has to "sell us." I usually have QVC on but muted 95% of the time. It's annoying to hear the fantastic claims. I just try some and ignore the rest. LOL

Thanks for the laugh, feels great!

Respected Contributor

Omg,I'm so glad to know that others laugh at her stupid rolling "R's"....French people don't. And for all the posters who claim jealousy and sour grapes...no one is saying she is not beautiful.We are saying her story is such B.S. And really she does like j e to show some skin but sometimes she looks about ready to slip a nip with those low cut dresses...lol.
Regular Contributor

On 10/22/2014 Peggs said: Why all the hoop-a-la over ONE French woman? Maybe she just had good genes. Why not say ALL the French woman looked 30 years younger. Josie didn't discover anything - she's only promoting the product which I've never tried cause I can't stand watching her caress herself.
Valued Contributor

Totally ridiculous! I buy pure, cold pressed, Argon Oil for $9.00 in TJ. Why would anyone pay over $100.00 for a bottle. Maybe her's is different? I don't hear her saying so. What is she doing different?

I could care less how she dresses. She's pretty, young and should show it off. Does anyone think she looks like this because of the Oil? You could slather yourself with Olive Oil.

I'm 65, I'll show you a pic of what I looked like at 35. I was a knockout and didn't have any flabby skin.

BTW, its in the 90's in Florida. I have no idea what the temps are in Pennsylvania but I don't think its in the 90's.

Save your money, shop in TJ or Home Goods or Whole Foods. They sell the same thing for under $10.00 bucks.

Super Contributor

I just ordered some for my 26 yr. old daughter. She has skin issues. Growing up she only got one or two zits around her time of the month. All of a sudden months ago, she broken out badly and can't get rid of them. Maybe this will help? She's desparate.
Super Contributor

On 10/22/2014 Ceci said:

Totally ridiculous! I buy pure, cold pressed, Argon Oil for $9.00 in TJ. Why would anyone pay over $100.00 for a bottle. Maybe her's is different? I don't hear her saying so. What is she Thdoing different?

I could care less how she dresses. She's pretty, young and tshould show it off. Does anyone think she looks like this because of the Oil? You could slather yourself with Olive Oil.

I'm 65, I'll show you a pic of what I looked like at 35. I was a knockout and didn't have any flabby skin.

BTW, its in the 90's in Florida. I have no idea what the temps are in Pennsylvania but I don't think its in the 90's.

Save your money, shop in TJ or Home Goods or Whole Foods. They sell the same thing for under $10.00 bucks.

Thanks for the info. I just cancelled my order. Will shop for the cheaper stuff. Why doesn't Josie bring a 70 yr. old woman show pictures before/after. Jeeesh, I got so caught up in the hype! If we find it doesn't work,then we'll try hers.
Super Contributor

On 10/22/2014 MeganRose said: I just ordered some for my 26 yr. old daughter. She has skin issues. Growing up she only got one or two zits around her time of the month. All of a sudden months ago, she broken out badly and can't get rid of them. Maybe this will help? She's desparate.

Have her try blueberry masks. There are several homemade recipes and some specific for oily/acne prone skin. Couldn't hurt to try. And blueberries are one the best fruits for your skin.