Super Contributor

Re: Josie Maran, the older French woman and Argon oil

On 10/22/2014 MeganRose said:
On 10/22/2014 Ceci said:

Totally ridiculous! I buy pure, cold pressed, Argon Oil for $9.00 in TJ. Why would anyone pay over $100.00 for a bottle. Maybe her's is different? I don't hear her saying so. What is she Thdoing different?

I could care less how she dresses. She's pretty, young and tshould show it off. Does anyone think she looks like this because of the Oil? You could slather yourself with Olive Oil.

I'm 65, I'll show you a pic of what I looked like at 35. I was a knockout and didn't have any flabby skin.

BTW, its in the 90's in Florida. I have no idea what the temps are in Pennsylvania but I don't think its in the 90's.

Save your money, shop in TJ or Home Goods or Whole Foods. They sell the same thing for under $10.00 bucks.

Thanks for the info. I just cancelled my order. Will shop for the cheaper stuff. Why doesn't Josie bring a 70 yr. old woman show pictures before/after. Jeeesh, I got so caught up in the hype! If we find it doesn't work,then we'll try hers.

I've tried several different brands and hers is no better, just more expensive. I'll stick with old el cheapo.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I have always wondered if the French lady is 70 but looks 40 shouldn't Josie who is 36 look 6! I mean why does the French lady get 30 years taken off her and Josie doesn't? To me Josie looks 36 the age she is? It's a mystery.....

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Super Contributor

On 10/22/2014 lolakimono said:

I found her! She's 78 now, BTW. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

HAHAHAHA!

Now I KNEW she had to have a camera on her so she could show us how this miracle oil works!

Uh, yeah, I have never seen a 70 y/o who looks 40. Not even with the best plastic surgeon.

Respected Contributor

On 10/22/2014 KatCat1 said:

Here we go again with some women always knocking Josie. Josie is pretty, she can just about any style clothes and there are so many jealous women because they wish they looked like her. Who cares whether there was an older French woman or not. Lighten up.

Kind of like when you start up on Lori G all the time?

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/22/2014 sparklestar said:
On 10/22/2014 KatCat1 said:

Here we go again with some women always knocking Josie. Josie is pretty, she can just about any style clothes and there are so many jealous women because they wish they looked like her. Who cares whether there was an older French woman or not. Lighten up.

Kind of like when you start up on Lori G all the time?

Making fun of this "story" is not jealousy. I think most of us can agree Josie is pretty smokin'. The story however is stupid.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Regular Contributor

On 10/22/2014 poshmini said:

Yes, her story line is getting tiresome. And it will be in the dead of winter and she still has summer style dresses on. Put some clothes on, we don't need to see you putting layer upon layer of Argon Oil on. With all that oil you could slip her through a key hole. We all get how to apply it.

Josie wears the prettiest clothes of any vendor on any shopping show. I can't wait to see the next dress. I love that smart gal.

Regular Contributor

On 10/22/2014 RachB said: And here's another secret: Josie Maran isn't the only avenue for Argan oil. You can buy it all over the internet. And Whole Foods sells the 100% pure organic oil for a fraction, and no shipping cost! We are led to believe this is Josie's miraculous secret discovery. And it's not.

Never once has Josie claimed to be the first to find argan oil. Not once. She tells how SHE discovered it.

I think most ladies here know about all the cheaper ones and it's their choice to buy hers or the others.

Super Contributor

And the unnecessary nit picking and pulling apart of a Beautiful successful lady begins yet again. Anyone who has ever known anyone in the middle east knows many things are done as they were done five hundred years ago. Yes, Argan Trees only grow in Morocco. Yes French women are indeed very beautiful as are most European women. They don't sit around picking apart other women as a rule. They usually have lives and better ways to spend time. If you like the product great, buy it. If not, don't. Picking on this lady and her rendition about how she discovered the product is unnecessary and I'm really tired of it. Its not an opinion to pick people apart, its just being a rude American I guess. I forgot we don't have manners often here.

Trusted Contributor

On 10/22/2014 KKJ said:
On 10/22/2014 haddon9 said:
On 10/22/2014 ChynnaBlue said:
On 10/22/2014 poshmini said:

Yes, her story line is getting tiresome. And it will be in the dead of winter and she still has summer style dresses on. Put some clothes on, we don't need to see you putting layer upon layer of Argon Oil on. With all that oil you could slip her through a key hole. We all get how to apply it.

It's in the 80s where I am right now and going to be 91 this weekend. There's a woman sitting near me who has a sweater and gloves on because the AC in her area is blowing like mad, but everyone else is dressed for summer. It will be in the 80s in December, so we'll still be dressed for the summer. I'll be sure and post pictures of how wildly inappropriate we're dressing for Christmas when it's 82 and you can talk about how crazy we are because we don't conform to your ideas of weather and the seasons because we don't wear wool when it's 80.

She may not be outdoors but she's in a studio in West Chester, Pa. It's getting seasonably cool here in Pa. Not in the 80s. When the Q moves to south Fl and everyone knows it, it won't look so odd when someone is dressed like it's the middle of summer.

Now when I visit my mother who lives near Ft. Lauderdale in the fall or winter one can only find winter clothing in the major department stores. I find that very odd! The temps are in the 80s and they are selling boots, sweaters & coats!

That's just Josie's style, the skimpy dresses. Have you watched Marilyn Miglin on HSN? She's the total opposite in dress, wearing turtlenecks even in summer.

Yes, but Marilyn Miglin is a classy woman unlike Josie, who in my opinion acts like a ditzy and giggly school girl, who probably has no clue about beauty products other than she was a model and has many connections in the beauty industry. To me, it is all so phoney. All she ever does is slather that oil all over herself making herself look like a s*x goddess on a shopping channel. And those skimpy clothes, there are other vendors who sell beauty products but you don't see them dressing like her. Is that the only way she thinks she can sell her products by showing off her body? Where has the professionalism gone on QVC, that they even allow her to dress like she does on air? Oh, and I'm certainly not jealous, I think Josie is beautiful and has a great shape but she was a model and she's also young . Why doesn't she bring in a 70 yr. old, who has been using her products, and let her slather the oil over her body so we can see what she looks like. Like that would ever happen! She wants people to believe that she has the best product and because of her ridiculous story, people fall for it. It is said that argan oil is the rarest oil in the world and so little is produced, then how can she obtain ridiculous amounts of it, first to sell thousands of such large bottles of it and then have even more of this rare oil to put into all her other products, which, by the way, are ridiculously priced. How can Adrienne over on HSN also be selling thousands and thousands of this rare precious oil? How can all these other companies not on shopping channels, also sell this very rare oil? Just think about it, so little is produced but Josie is able to sell this very rare product by the thousands? Sorry but IMO , it's just impossible and deceptive.
Honored Contributor

On 10/22/2014 haddon9 said:

Now when I visit my mother who lives near Ft. Lauderdale in the fall or winter one can only find winter clothing in the major department stores. I find that very odd! The temps are in the 80s and they are selling boots, sweaters & coats!

I would guess that's because so many people down there go back and forth. When we moved here from Texas during the month of January, there were NO winter clothes for sale there. Of course when we got here everything was sold out!