Honored Contributor

Re: Josie Maran, the older French woman and Argon oil

On 10/22/2014 poshmini said:

Yes, her story line is getting tiresome. And it will be in the dead of winter and she still has summer style dresses on. Put some clothes on, we don't need to see you putting layer upon layer of Argon Oil on. With all that oil you could slip her through a key hole. We all get how to apply it.

It's in the 80s where I am right now and going to be 91 this weekend. There's a woman sitting near me who has a sweater and gloves on because the AC in her area is blowing like mad, but everyone else is dressed for summer. It will be in the 80s in December, so we'll still be dressed for the summer. I'll be sure and post pictures of how wildly inappropriate we're dressing for Christmas when it's 82 and you can talk about how crazy we are because we don't conform to your ideas of weather and the seasons because we don't wear wool when it's 80.

Honored Contributor

On 10/22/2014 ChynnaBlue said:
On 10/22/2014 poshmini said:

Yes, her story line is getting tiresome. And it will be in the dead of winter and she still has summer style dresses on. Put some clothes on, we don't need to see you putting layer upon layer of Argon Oil on. With all that oil you could slip her through a key hole. We all get how to apply it.

It's in the 80s where I am right now and going to be 91 this weekend. There's a woman sitting near me who has a sweater and gloves on because the AC in her area is blowing like mad, but everyone else is dressed for summer. It will be in the 80s in December, so we'll still be dressed for the summer. I'll be sure and post pictures of how wildly inappropriate we're dressing for Christmas when it's 82 and you can talk about how crazy we are because we don't conform to your ideas of weather and the seasons because we don't wear wool when it's 80.

ITA. And anyway, it's not exactly as if they're presenting the products outside. They're in a studio, hopefully no "dead of winter" climate there.

I've never understood this perennial complaint on these boards.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Regular Contributor

On 10/22/2014 horseyak said:

I was thinking tonight, what if the older woman just totally lied to her?

What if Josie is lying to us?
Honored Contributor

On 10/22/2014 Desertdi said:

Well, I can't believe the Moroccan ladies are still cracking those nuts by hand with a rock..............

It's true. That is exactly how it's produced. From Bloomberg Businessweek (July 2013):

Sitting barefoot on blood orange pillows in a village near the seaside resort of Agadir, a dozen Moroccan women in caftans banter while hitting acorn-shaped nuts with stones in metronomic fashion—tap, tap, tap—until they crack, revealing a kernel or two inside. The Berber women earn 40 dirhams ($4) for a day’s work producing about a kilogram of the dime-size kernels, which are ground and pressed to release an oil so rare, so versatile, and so potent that it can sell for the equivalent of $400 a liter in beauty boutiques worldwide.

Cosmetics' Hot Elixir: Argan Oil From Morocco

Berber women have formed co-ops to produce and sell argan. Women earn about 40 dirhams, or $4, for a day’s work

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

The "French Woman story" adds nothing to her presentation ~~ wish she would just let it go. We all know mature ladies with exceptionally great skin and it's a lot more to it than just using argan oil.

Personally, I think it is mostly about good genes, use of sunscreen, not smoking, and living as stress-free a life as possible. Good skincare is important as well. Unfortunately, there is no magic product!{#emotions_dlg.sad}

Trusted Contributor

""The Story"" is a big part of QVC's marketing plan. Just about all guests have one.

Respected Contributor

So if it's that rare, how can it be so widely available in such large quantities? Do they have 10,000 little local ladies working day and night?

Honored Contributor

On 10/22/2014 pas4116 said:

""The Story"" is a big part of QVC's marketing plan. Just about all guests have one.

Same with Ojon.

Respected Contributor

What about her Milk product? How does everone feel about that on?

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Respected Contributor

You all bring up good points. I really don't believe her ridiculous story about the old woman and Aaarrrrrrrrgggggggggaaaaaaaaannnnnnnn oil. LOL