Honored Contributor

Josie Maran's Whipped Argon Oil Body Butter OR Philosophy's Body Souffle?

Which do you like better? How do you use it?

I like both. Now that winter is here and my normally fine skin is getting blasted by cold air every day, I need to get more. So I'm looking for recommendations - just between these two please; no other brands. TIA! Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Re: Josie Maran's Whipped Argon Oil Body Butter OR Philosophy's Body Souffle?

I have tried both and prefer the argan oil whipped body butter.

Respected Contributor

I use to use religiously AG Philosophy firming body emulsion ( which really doesn't firm) , but turned to Josie body butters and never looked back. I tend to horde the unscented ( lol) and use it liberally neck, chest, arms, etc.. really has helped my skin..
Respected Contributor

Josie Maran for sureHeart

Honored Contributor

I love JM and never tried Philosophy and after reading some reviews I guess I won't try it now.

Trusted Contributor

Josie Maran!  I started using her line several years ago, mainly because of the ingredients.  Fell in love!  Use it all over, except for the face.  Very soothing and hydrating.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi, @beach-mom!  Eons ago I was philosophy when Cristina Carlina owned it.  And when she sold it to another company but kept control.  Then they sold it to Coty and it went straight downhill.

I love Josie, been using her for a few years.  Body butter, my favorite scent is vanilla bean. 

SPF 47 which I use whenever I go out and also in the house when I'm sitting by the window (which is so important!) on my face, neck and hands.  It comes in tinted and not, I use the not. 

I've been using vanilla bean body butter on my face for a while and I recently got the face butter and it's not much different.  

I don't like her makeup and I don't like her cleanser or cleansing butter but love her face and body butter and the SPF is moisturizing which is why I mentioned it.

There are so many scents in the body butter -- on QVC, on her web site, at Sephora -- it's easy to find one or several you'll love.

Honored Contributor

Thanks everyone for your input! I think I'll order Josie!

@LoriLori - Over 25 years ago someone gave me a gift called the 12 months of Philosophy. It was a big cardboard container, with a new product each month. I liked it - I kept the lip gloss in the mini pot for years - probably way too long. I honestly can't remember what else was in it. I never tried it again until a few years ago when I got stocking stuffers after seeing the set on QVC. Then I got some of the body wash. 

I became a Josie fan about 2 years ago. Like you, I use the SPF47 every day now. I like her mascara, and I do like her foundation if I mix the two lightest shades and I like her color sticks. I started using the Argon oil light and people complimented me on my skin. So I figured I was doing something right! Last year I ordered Gingerbread and didn't like it a whole lot. Then I got the TSV that had Sweet Holly. I loved it.

Last fall at a Sephora I don't normally go to I had an MUA who raved about her products. She said her skin care was all she used. 

And everyone here has convinced me which one to go with! Thank you everyone! Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I like to use the Philosophy Body Soufflé in the perfume scents (Amazing Grace, etc.) on my neck, arms and  décolletage to layer my Philosophy fragrance and make it last longer. When  it it comes to actual moisturizing, it's definitely Josie's body butter. Love the body butters! 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree with the posters on JM Body Butter...  it's so light and whipped and very moisturing.  I also prefer the unscented, but some of the scents are very nice and not over powering.  Some of the scents I don't care for at all.  I wouldn't use the scented ones on my face.

Have you ever trield First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream (unscented)?  It is exceptional.  I use many different moisturizers for face and body, and truly love this for both.  

I also agree with the post about Philosophy going downhill after it was sold.  I used to use so many of their products and use none now.  I noticed a change in the formulas very quickly.