Honored Contributor

Re: Josie Maran's Hair Tonight (Monday, May 23)

@SXMGirl wrote:

I agree that it could be worrisome.  When an attractive person goes out of their way to make themselves so unattractive, there usually is something else going on.  Of course, her daughters might have wanted her to do the blue hair and maybe they have it also.  However, that does not negate the fact that a brush and comb could have helped.

No matter how much revenue that a  "celebrity" brings in, it would seem that someone on staff would tell them that they do not look good (same for keep your opinions to yourself, watch your mouth, etc.).

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I don't find it unattractive or worrisome. Hair color is not an indicator of mental health.

Super Contributor

She looks like a Smurf

Respected Contributor

I like it - but not on her!  It just doesn't suit her.  I just found it incredibly distracting, and it clashed with her dress.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pook wrote:

Her hair - her choice!!!   There would be many criticisms of the hair choices of all who posted negatively about her hair also!!   We all have our personal preferences and if  anyone doesn't like her blue hair that's your choice but really not anyone's business!!!  I don't live in a large city and see women of all ages with different fun colors of hair.  It's great to see so many breaking away from the notion that you have to wear your hair a certain boring way or you are not normal!!

Absolutely her choice - but this is a woman who has blabbed  

natural, natural, natural since she started hawking  Aaarrrrrrrrgon  oil 

She talked about having had her baby out in the woods.....

She has changed her story  many  times probably when her chemists told her that oil really isn't skin care and started with a barrage of products when Q told her you can sell anything, bring us more.

Respected Contributor

@Pook wrote:

Her hair - her choice!!!   There would be many criticisms of the hair choices of all who posted negatively about her hair also!!   We all have our personal preferences and if  anyone doesn't like her blue hair that's your choice but really not anyone's business!!!  I don't live in a large city and see women of all ages with different fun colors of hair.  It's great to see so many breaking away from the notion that you have to wear your hair a certain boring way or you are not normal!!

That's an awful lot of anger just for people voicing their opinion.(!!!)

Honored Contributor

@hopi wrote:

@Pook wrote:

Absolutely her choice - but this is a woman who has blabbed  

natural, natural, natural since she started hawking  Aaarrrrrrrrgon  oil 

She talked about having had her baby out in the woods.....

She has changed her story  many  times probably when her chemists told her that oil really isn't skin care and started with a barrage of products when Q told her you can sell anything, bring us more.

Most people with hair this color use Manic Panic, a vegetable dye that's free of ammonia and peroxide. It's vegan and their brand tagline is that it's tested on celebrities, not animals. That's pretty much everything Josie stands for, right there.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]
My guess is that she was celebrating her TSV, so any attention she could bring to herself was the point of the blue hair and sparkly dress.   Once I got passed the initial surprise of her having blue hair ( and I'm quite open to self expression),  my opinion was that I liked it.  Her dress.... not so much. 
~ To Know, To Dare, To Will, To Remain Silent ~
Honored Contributor

I think she is going though a relationship crisis....perhaps she needed a diversion of sorts.  It is kind of crazy....why would someone so attractive want to make themselves look ugly?

Honored Contributor

@Lyttlewyng wrote:
My guess is that she was celebrating her TSV, so any attention she could bring to herself was the point of the blue hair and sparkly dress.   Once I got passed the initial surprise of her having blue hair ( and I'm quite open to self expression),  my opinion was that I liked it.  Her dress.... not so much. 

She said that when she worked in an ice cream shop she had blue hair. I think she just wanted a change and something that would uplift her mood.

I have always believed that if you do something for yourself and you aren't hurting anyone else.....Why Not? She works in the beauty industry where blue hair is really quite common. She's enjoying life and expressing herself. I think the world of her and condone anyone who loves life enough to celebrate it with blue hair.Heart

Respected Contributor

It's cheesy and she looks kinda sl_ _ _y - rhymes with cheesy.  Don't think that I'm the only one who thinks that.