Frequent Contributor
Has anyone received the new Cozy Chalet body butter? I’d really like to know how it compares to the Vanilla Apricot (which I love). Cozy Chalet has been described as a warm, honey apricot scent, but one of the hosts also described it as a bit “masculine”. With that said, I’m waiting to hear some more descriptions before I order it. Thank you!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Josie Maran’s Cozy Chalet

I too would like to know how it smells. I was wondering if it has some musk or sandlewood in it to have it smell masculine . I wanted to order it but have allergies to musk, sandlewood and patchouli

Honored Contributor

Each host was all over the place with the description, but kept coming back to honey and apricot.  Sounds like Josie picked a nice marketing name for the cool months ahead, without much connection to the actual scent.  I'd really like to know what it really smells like as well. 

Super Contributor

I think Josie's rep really does a disservice to the product line and that was especially obvious with the presentations of the mega cream.  They went on and on and on about the size of the jar.."it's as big as my head!"  (UGH!)......and then skimmed over the description of the scents. 

How do you buy something based on a description that it smells like a chalet after skiing?  Is that a sweaty scent?  an alcholic drink scent?  a fireplace scent?  One host said Chalet was closest to unscented. Another host said it was more masculine.   I really wish they'd put less focus on the models demonstrating how to apply cream (DUH!) than actualy describing the scents more completely.

I also think this rep does a poor job interacting with the models..I don't like her descriptions of the women's "problems".  It's not as if this 52 year old rep doesn't look 52, doesn't have crow's feet or wrinkles.  I know she wants to point out benefits of the various products but that can be done in a more kind manner.

I suppose I just don't like this rep...so will just tune in when Josie presents.  Josie can go on and on too much at times with superlatives and the application but that's the lesser of the evils when compared to the rep I saw this week.

Esteemed Contributor

Agree, you hit the nail on it's head.  I don't understand  , like you why they focus on size of the jar  when I don't had an idea of the scent. Maybe they should give the fragrant description as  is presented with the harry Slatkin candles .  Agree , even Josie  doesn't fully describe her scents  because she 's to into marketing technique of  says how  delicious  the product is and  demonstartes application a zillion times.  I do like her products as I have dry skin , howver I had mostly steered to unscented .

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@CoffeeTalk  I ordered the Cozy Chalet, Creamy Winter Mint snd also the Sweet Cream Vanilla. 

I have used Cozy Chalet 2 times now and I still cannot figure out what it smells like. I don’t love it but I also don’t hate it. 

I don’t pick up apricot at all, I guess I am picking up more on the Honey scent. It’s definitely a different scent. I am keeping it because I like it ok enough but it is not one i would reorder.

And just an FYI, I am returning the Creamy winter mint and also the sweet cream vanilla. The creamy winter mint smells like straight up Wintergreen gum, way too heavy a scent. I was hoping for something similar to her Sweet Mint or one of my all time favorites, Peppermint Bark.

The sweet cream vanilla smelled exactly like Play-Doh. I’ve had this with some of her other vanilla scents, the only vanilla scent of hers that I like is Vanilla bean but that scent has even changed here lately. 

Hope this helps Smiley Happy 

Frequent Contributor

@Smc09 Thank you so much! That helps a lot. I’m sorry the mint and vanilla didn’t work out for you. Does the Cozy Chalet have a bit of a masculine scent to you as one of the hosts mentioned?
Respected Contributor

@srgtdj wrote:

I think Josie's rep really does a disservice to the product line and that was especially obvious with the presentations of the mega cream.  They went on and on and on about the size of the jar.."it's as big as my head!"  (UGH!)......and then skimmed over the description of the scents. 

How do you buy something based on a description that it smells like a chalet after skiing?  Is that a sweaty scent?  an alcholic drink scent?  a fireplace scent?  One host said Chalet was closest to unscented. Another host said it was more masculine.   I really wish they'd put less focus on the models demonstrating how to apply cream (DUH!) than actualy describing the scents more completely.

I also think this rep does a poor job interacting with the models..I don't like her descriptions of the women's "problems".  It's not as if this 52 year old rep doesn't look 52, doesn't have crow's feet or wrinkles.  I know she wants to point out benefits of the various products but that can be done in a more kind manner.

I suppose I just don't like this rep...so will just tune in when Josie presents.  Josie can go on and on too much at times with superlatives and the application but that's the lesser of the evils when compared to the rep I saw this week.

Found your post interesting as I don't like the new rep either. Not sure why but I don't.  I did like the previous rep---Adriane Kiss.

Valued Contributor

I thought I was the only one who found the new rep annoying.  She keeps rubbing and rubbing the product on her hands like it won't absorb.  If I didn't know better, I would automatically believe that the product was so greasy that it would NOT be absorbed by the skin.  Like others, Josie often speaks like the product is a food item (delicious), but I'll take that over the rep.  I also wanted to know about the scents but they spoke as if the size was all that mattered (big as my head).

Frequent Contributor

@CoffeeTalk I personally would never consider Cozy Chalet a masculine scent nor do I consider it a sexy scent as some hosts and the Josie rep described it also.

If I had to choose a way to describe, it is very soft, almost baby-like.

I waited until I used it again today to describe it again because baby-like is the first thing that pops in my mind. Not baby powder scent, just very soft and warm.