Super Contributor

What is the expiration for the oil?  I have a stash and wonder if I should throw away?  Also, the oil doesn't seem to sink in my skin leaving an oily residue.  I don't like the feeling.  I am going to add a drop or two to my moisturizer and see if that helps.  Does anyone else have the oily residue problem with this oil?  I don't know why I fall for these presentations.  I have had superior results from Elysee but the Argon Oil presentations are enticing.

Honored Contributor

If the expiration date is not on the bottle, call the CS # on Josie Maran's website & ask them.  Those folks are very helpful.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@cddhI think if the oil smells rancid at all I'd get rid of it, but just 2 weeks ago, I opened a bottle that's certainly 2 years old and it smells fine so I'm using it.  My dry skin does absorb it well, but if my face didn't like it, I'd use the oil elsewhere on my body. Probably on my cuticles or even on my toenails.  I'm just too Depression era to waste anything I can find a use for.

Honored Contributor

Mine is not greasy after applied it absorbs in to my skin.

If it's rancid you will know it by a stinky smell.

Super Contributor

Re: Josie Maran's Argon Oil

[ Edited ]

I had a mini travel Argan Oil go rancid, you will know if it’s bad, it smells horrible. I realized I had that sample about 5 years, so since then I make sure not to buy too much because I know if I don’t get around to using it it will go bad. 

Maybe use use a little bit less and see if that helps it absorb better? Mine always absorbs completely but I just use a few small drops.