Honored Contributor

Josie Maran's Argan Milk - Yays or Nays?

I've hemmed and hawed since it was introduced, but I really think I'd like to try this. I know Josie said to use it as a serum and then apply her Argan Oil over it. I probably wouldn't do that. I'm thinking of using it as a nighttime moisturizer over my nighttime copper peptide serum. Any feedback would be appreciated. Oh, and if you are a current user, how much do you use at a time and how long does the bottle last? Thanks!

Respected Contributor

Re: Josie Maran's Argan Milk - Yays or Nays?

I love it. I tried the regular Argan oil and it didn't work well for me, didn't absorb properly no matter how little I used. The formulation of the milk made it more absorbable for me, and I love it for my nighttime moisturizer. I have patches on both cheeks that demand more moisture than the rest of my face and hadn't found anything that really made a difference until the argan milk.

Honored Contributor

Yay!

Honored Contributor

I love it. It absorbs quickly and easily and leaves my skin feeling and looking soft and dewy without being shiny or sticky. I like to use it alone or cocktail it with my vitamin E or retinol serums and apply that with a moisturizer or oil over the top. I use it on my face and chest and I think a bottle lasts about 4-6 weeks. How much I use at a time depends on how I use it. If I use it alone, I always use more, maybe 4-5 drops for face and chest, and if I cocktail it, I use 2-3 drops.

There's always quite a bit left in the bottom when my dropper can't get any more out, so I cap it, set it aside, and open a new bottle. When there's room in the new bottle, I pour the contents of the older bottle into the new one. It's a bit tricky because the bottle neck is narrow, so I am probably going to get a small funnel to make the transfer easier.

Valued Contributor

I got a sample size of this in some Sephora freebie (b-day gift, I think). I hadn't thought of trying it before that but .. wow. I had just returned from a bunch of travel, on myriad dry planes, and developed some peeling dry skin around my nose and lips. Regular moisturizers for dry skin didn't help, so I put on the Argan Milk. Overnight, my skin healed. I kid you not! I was a believer from that moment on. I still have some of the sample, because a tiny bit goes a long way (a few drops covers my entire face), but I will be purchasing a full bottle when I finish the sample and use it each morning before my moisturizer. My skin seems to love it. Regular argan oil does not have this same impact on my skin, so clearly the "milk" is a formula that my skin is absorbing in a different way.

Frequent Contributor

I agree. I can layer with other serums or sunscreen and don't feel as if I have a ton of product on my face. I think I have every moisturizer made and this is a winner. A little pricey for what it is but I like it very much.

Honored Contributor

On 12/10/2014 Ludog said:

I agree. I can layer with other serums or sunscreen and don't feel as if I have a ton of product on my face. I think I have every moisturizer made and this is a winner. A little pricey for what it is but I like it very much.

Yep, I have a short list of products I've repurchased and an even shorter list of products I've purchased more than twice - this makes that very short list.

Respected Contributor

I use this everyday and I love it!! I also add Argan Oil right into each bottle when I first get it. It just adds a little oomph to it. I never let myself run out of it as it is my favorite moisturizer I have ever used.

Super Contributor

YES!!!! I Love it for AM skin care. I was using it PM also BUT-

I'm now using SKINN Beauty Elixir oil in the PM and my skin has really changed for the better.

RACA

Frequent Contributor

OP, I was just like you. I hesitated way too long on Josie's Argan Milk and I regret it. As I just said on another thread, I really like it. In the morning I might add a drop of JM Argan Oil to it if it is really cold and dry. At night, I layer the products as Josie recommends. I have benefited from using the Milk. HTH!!