Contributor

Josie Maran routine questions

Hi.  I am trying to figure out what products to use for my dry skin.  I have the milk, argan oil and face butter.  

1-do I need the face butter and the argan oil?  Are they a replacement for the other just a matter of preference?

2-I really like the idea of the tinted spf.  But, it is a pinch too dark for my skin.  I've tried to "sheer" it out using argan oil and brush but it is still too dark.  Anyone else have this issue and solved it?

3-what products do you use for a healthy skin care regimen (Josie products)?  I know she makes a mask and has a cleansing oil.  Do you think they are necessary?

4-what is the best way to apply the milk, argan oil and face butter?  Do you rub together in hands and then press into skin?

Sorry for the long post.  I've been searching the internet but couldn't find exactly the answers to my questions.

Thank you in advance.

Honored Contributor

Re: Josie Maran routine questions

@maryfitz24,   First I cleanse my skin using my Pop Sonic Leaflet then after I dry off, I use Josie's Argan Milk apply directly to my face and massage iin and then rub a drop of Marula oil between my hands and pat on my face and under my eyes.  I really don't think you need 3 products  but that is my opinion.  The reason I like Marula oil is it absorbs more quickly than argan oil.  I sometimes use argan oil and just purchased some from Acure Organics.  It is Argan w/Citrus.  My Marula oil is from Acure too.  I like a lot of their products.  It's a family owned business with no animal testing and concerned about the environment.  Since you say you are dry, you should follow the above regimen twice a day.  Good luck.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Contributor

Thank you KatCat1.  I appreciate the feedback.  I'll look into the Marula oil by Acure.  

I haven't heard of the cleanser so I'll research that one.  I don't use JM's cleanser right now.  I use one from Garden of Wisdom.  It is very gentle but I am thinking not moisturizing enough (fine for summer but need more in winter).

I forgot to ask 2 more things.....have you tried JM's reserve?  Is it all that or do you think regular Argan oil just as good?

Also, thoughts on her eye cream?  I've been using the Argan milk and oil underneath my eyes for the dryness and lines.  I feel like I need something more though.

Thanks again!

Mary

Honored Contributor

I wash my face with dove soap & water AM & PM. At night I use Argon Oil after washing - only 3 drops for my whole face plus a couple drops on my nails to keep the cuticles soft. That is my entire routine.I have nice soft skin and few wrinkles at nearly 69 years old. My Mom had very few wrinkles but she died at only 66. She looked young for her age  - as I did until this year. I've noticed my skin has changed , and not for the good over this past year, but considering how much I swim in an outdoor pool, even with sunscreen the sun & chlorine take their toll.

Esteemed Contributor

@maryfitz24 wrote:

Hi.  I am trying to figure out what products to use for my dry skin.  I have the milk, argan oil and face butter.  

1-do I need the face butter and the argan oil?  Are they a replacement for the other just a matter of preference?

2-I really like the idea of the tinted spf.  But, it is a pinch too dark for my skin.  I've tried to "sheer" it out using argan oil and brush but it is still too dark.  Anyone else have this issue and solved it?

3-what products do you use for a healthy skin care regimen (Josie products)?  I know she makes a mask and has a cleansing oil.  Do you think they are necessary?

4-what is the best way to apply the milk, argan oil and face butter?  Do you rub together in hands and then press into skin?

Sorry for the long post.  I've been searching the internet but couldn't find exactly the answers to my questions.

Thank you in advance.

I have been using products for several years.   I use the clarosonic once a week.  I usually wash with cetaphil recommended by my Dr.  I use the milk first then the oil on top.  That is what I heard Jose say to do.  I use the body butter all over legs and arms and oil on knees and elbows.  Also as cutical oil and it also is good for your hair but not too much.  I hope this helps.  I love her products.  

Respected Contributor

I switched to using many of Josie’s products a few years ago. I use her cleansing oil at night after which I use the Argon Milk followed by patting on a bit of Argon oil (if I have any extra on my hands I rub it through my hair). In the morning I frequently use her exfoliating face powder in the shower followed by the Argon Milk and her tinted spf. I use her mask once a week. I have very sensitive normal to dry skin and this regimen has worked well for me. 

Honored Contributor

Do you find the face butter moisturizing enough?  I have dry skin in the winter and I'm on week 3 of using the face butter.  It seems nice and rich and with a name like face "butter" I was leery it would be too heavy for my skin.  But I am finding that my skin still feels dry and tight even after applying the face butter at night. 

Esteemed Contributor

@BalletBabe I was reading your post and found that I have almost the exact same regimen to the T!!!!   I am a Josie fan also and only use non abrasive cleansers that are chemical free.  I swear less is more........my skin feels great and I get compliments all the time.  I love her loose powder make up too.

Honored Contributor

Organic Coconut Oil can be used as cleanser (removes all makeup...eye makeup too). After removing w/ washcloth, I then add back a drop of coconut oil as a moisturizer/under eyes, too. Let it sink in before applying my C serum and sunscreen.

The price is so much less than JM and is better to me.

Respected Contributor

@maryfitz24 I haven't used the face butter, so it may be more moisturizing, but I find the Argan Milk to be very light moisure.

Argan oil doesn't seem moisturizing to my skin, at all. It is very soothing & helps my skin heal when it is irritated or broken out, but doesn't add moisture.

I do use the argan oil to break down my makeup & then I use FAB cleanser to clean my skin.

The cleansing oil broke me out, so I don't use that. 

I do like Josie's products, but you may need something else, too.