Contributor

Received my reserve & the oil is clear. During the presentation it was presented as gold & definitely darker than regular argon oil.

now I am wondering if this is actually reserve. For those who are using the reserve any input would be much appreciated.

Valued Contributor

@dotgirl My reserve is a dark golden oil. I have the original and the light oil, but the reserve is the darkest of them all. I would call CS and let them know. 

Respected Contributor

@dotgirl @pugvette74 

FYI       YOU HAVE TO SHAKE THE BOTTLE

Respected Contributor

@dotgirl wrote:

Received my reserve & the oil is clear. During the presentation it was presented as gold & definitely darker than regular argon oil.

now I am wondering if this is actually reserve. For those who are using the reserve any input would be much appreciated.

'Reserve' is a marketing ploy..organic, cold pressed argon oil is just that. It can't be extra strength or in any way extra 'special.'

Valued Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@dotgirl @pugvette74 

FYI       YOU HAVE TO SHAKE THE BOTTLE

I never had to shake the bottle. When it's in the dropper, all of them, I can see the difference in the colors.

Valued Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

@dotgirl wrote:

'Reserve' is a marketing ploy..organic, cold pressed argon oil is just that. It can't be extra strength or in any way extra 'special.'

@ellaphant Have you used all three of Josie Maran's argan oils? There is a difference.

Contributor

Thank you all for your response.  After shaking the bottle the oil is a light green -  will try for a couple of weeks.

Esteemed Contributor

I read on Google from a man who had lived in that part of the world - said the oil - if of superior quality - should have a slight green tint - shade.

I can and have seen that in my purchases from Josie.

Respected Contributor

Re: Josie Maran reserve

[ Edited ]

@pugvette74 wrote:

@ellaphant wrote:

@dotgirl wrote:

@ellaphant Have you used all three of Josie Maran's argan oils? There is a difference

The only difference is how ahe markets them. There are not different types of Argon oil. Josie is fast and loose with the facts about the efficacy of Argan oil. All it does is temporarily moisturize your skin. It does not change the skin in any way. Impossible.

Respected Contributor

@ellaphant   The difference between regular argan oil and Josie's reserve is that the "reserve" formula is NOT 100% argan oil.  It also contains extracts from the naturally dropped leaves of the tree, leading to the golden shade seen in the reserve product.  You do indeed need to shake the bottle to homogenize the solution every time before you use it.  The leaf extract adds some beneficial ingredients to the oil, but because they only pick up the naturally shed leaves, there is a limit as to how much can be made every year.