Honored Contributor

Josie Maran products; how do you clean up afterwards?

I love Josie Maran's body cleansing butters and her scrubs. But my tub is hard to clean with all that oil staying on the sides. It is getting pretty gross. I have tried all kinds of tub/shower cleaners, but nothing gets it completely off. I also did a mixture with bleach, but I don't think that is good for the finish on my spa tub. I want to continue using her products while using the tub.

Any suggestions? What do you find works to get the oily substance completely off the sides of the tub without harming the finish? The build-up is not a pretty picture! ha!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Respected Contributor

Re: Josie Maran products; how do you clean up afterwards?

Use a degreaser as it is oil, like dish detergent.
Honored Contributor

Try taking some rubbing alcohol on a cloth and wipe & then rinse.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

I love Josie Maran's body cleansing butters and her scrubs. But my tub is hard to clean with all that oil staying on the sides. It is getting pretty gross. I have tried all kinds of tub/shower cleaners, but nothing gets it completely off. I also did a mixture with bleach, but I don't think that is good for the finish on my spa tub. I want to continue using her products while using the tub.

Any suggestions? What do you find works to get the oily substance completely off the sides of the tub without harming the finish? The build-up is not a pretty picture! ha!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Try rubbing alcohol on a cloth and wipe.  Rinse with warm/hot water.

kindness is strength
Regular Contributor

Dawn dish detergent works great for that kind of thing.  I even used it on my carpet when grease from my office chair wheel leaked onto it.  Dawn took it right out. 

Respected Contributor

Scrubbing bubbles mega shower cleaner and clean with a magic eraser. It cuts through everything. Great on soap scum. And no scrubbing. Spray first and let sit a little bit. And I prefer the plain original magic eraser. 

I haven't tried the Dawn but I've read about it.  I keep telling everyone my method but for some reason they must not trust that it's that's easy or something, lol. Then they finally do and come back and tell me I was right and it's so easy.  Well duh, ya think I'd lie to you. Goodness. 😝

Honored Contributor

WOW!! All great ideas. But I can't believe I didn't even think about the degreaser way to go. Of course! Thanks to everyone. Great feedback. Appreciate it!

Respected Contributor

Just a thought.  While shopping yesterday I saw Bounty paper towels with Dawn already on/in them.  Might work great for the tub.

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Honored Contributor

I use Avon SSS bath oil in my bath every day and I clean it with a splash of Mr Clean and a majic eraser sponge. Easy peasy and perfectly clean. The Mr Clean cuts the oil and the magic eraser takes it all away'

Honored Contributor

More great ideas! You all are the best! Thanks. Smiley Happy