Frequent Contributor

Josie Maran moisturizer with spf?? Anyone tried?

Hi all! Has anyone tried this product?? I saw this last night and ordered ( it was on easy pay Smiley Happy. I have sensitive skin though and worried it may give me break outs. Anyone had this happen with this product? I am wanting to try it for the the spf, haven't had luck finding one I like. Thanks!
Trusted Contributor

Re: Josie Maran moisturizer with spf?? Anyone tried?

Saw the presentation but didn't order. Like the original Argon Oil but wondered if this spf version left a white residue on your face. Josie demonstrated on her hand and, despite what she said, it looked to me that it did.

Super Contributor

I use this on my face and shoulders and I like it. It goes on thick, so typically I wear it without any makeup when I am working in the yard or am going to be doing activities outside for extended periods of time. I have never broken out from it and I'm really prone to breakouts, especially with sunscreens. I have not tried it as a primer, as JM suggested in a recent on-air presentation. I'm an either-or girl...either I wear spf on my face with no makeup, or I wear makeup with spf, like bareskin or bare minerals ready. HTH.

Trusted Contributor

It does not make my face white and absorbs well.
Regular Contributor

On 4/8/2015 spud188 said: It does not make my face white and absorbs well.

This is what I love about it. I've used it for several years and use it every morning. It works well under makeup also. I'm glad I saw this because I didn't know the super-sized bottle was available again. It's a good savings.

Honored Contributor

I've been using it everyday for a couple months and used it sometimes before that. I really like it. I do wear makeup over it, but I were a loose mineral foundation.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

I have it and use it on the weekends before my morning run and it works great and has a nice smell.

Valued Contributor

I have and really like it. Yes, it has sunscreen in it and it is white in color because of the zinc oxide. Use small amounts to layer the product. It does go on white (especially if you use too much at first) but it absorbs well. I wash my face, pat it dry and apply this product. I wait several minutes to let it absorb before I apply my primer and foundation.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Love it! I do exactly like Josie says. Put it on my fingers and press it in. No white marks. I have sensitive skin and have no problems. I do use her light oil first since I have super dry skin.

Respected Contributor

Love this moisturizer! I used it all Winter and my skin stayed very hydrated. I had the tinted but just ordered the Super Size. The tinted was a little orange on me but once I applied my foundation, it covered the orange. However, I don't like the fact that it cannot be applied to the neck because it gets all over your clothes. Many moisturizers give out by the end of the day on me. This did not.