Respected Contributor

Josie Maran matchmaker foundation

I ordered this and hoping that when I do see people again I can wear this.  I have yet to find a foundation in a color that matches mine perfectly.  It is always off even when I get a sales assistant to match me.  I have combination skin that has wrinkles, pore and texture and foundation seems to emphasize those.  Just wondering if anyone has tried this recently.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Josie Maran matchmaker foundation

[ Edited ]

@chiclet  I’ve used this and liked it, but wandered off to try other things.  I am always on the hunt for the best foundation too it seems. These days I’m using tinted moisturizers/BB creams (assorted brands) and setting it with a dusting of powder. I’m not ruling out using the matchmaker again.  I actually miss the matchmaker powdered version as it was nice to carry in my purse. The liquid comes out white so you want to be sure to thoroughly rub it on your skin so it can color adapt.  Complaints that it looks white is because users didn’t rub it enough.  L’oreal makes a similar product in a small tube. I think it’s called Magic Skin Beautifier, or something close to that.

Trusted Contributor

@Jean Louise Finch, L'Or. on Amz.....! Have a great day

Honored Contributor

@chiclet  I tried it when it first came out years ago and it was just okay.  If I remember correctly it felt greasy because of the argan oil.  You will never find a perfect match of foundation but if you can get one that has your undertone  then that is more than half the battle.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

I ordered this and hoping that when I do see people again I can wear this.  I have yet to find a foundation in a color that matches mine perfectly.  It is always off even when I get a sales assistant to match me.  I have combination skin that has wrinkles, pore and texture and foundation seems to emphasize those.  Just wondering if anyone has tried this recently.  

I tried it a few years ago as  I loved the concept.  It seemed to be a little orange on me.  I wondered if other skin care products had any effect on the color when applied to your skin.