Respected Contributor

Josie Maran body butter tubes - Poor packaging!

I was watching QVC not long ago and they presented a 10 piece body butter collection in tubes packaged in a pretty pink display box.  I received it today and it had not been shipped inside a box as it should have been.  Instead, it was shipped in the display box with the mailing label attached directly to it.  The box was beat up and faded making it unacceptable for gifting.  Also, the tubes on the bottom were bent which might have been prevented with proper packaging.

I should have read the reviews before ordering as many people have been complaining about this since last February!   Is there no quality control anymore?   This should have been corrected as soon as the first bad reviews started coming in.  

I also recently received a lug bag which was also not packaged properly and arrived in a plastic bag jammed inside my mailbox.  While I appreciate the need to help the environment with less packaging, some items need to be shipped with extra care.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Josie Maran body butter tubes - Poor packaging!

I bought that set last year with the pink box.  No outer card box either.  It was for me so wasn't upset.

However, I hated the tiny caps and no way is that true body BUTTER...  which was discussed by other people.

I still had 7 tubes left............I threw them in the trash.  Untrue BB.

Respected Contributor

@fthunt After reading the reviews and your comment, I am worried about giving these individually as gifts.  I did try the Vanilla Bean which is one of the scents I was familiar with and that seemed okay, but I'm not sure about the others.  

I don't understand the no outer box thing at all.  Today I received two of the TILI boxes that were about $20 each (much less than this Josie collection) and they shipped them in one big box, but both items were packaged in their own cardboard boxes, protecting the decorative boxes like they should have been.  It makes no sense!

Respected Contributor

QVC has no pride when they ship their orders.  It shows how they feel about their merchandise and customers.  Everyone wants to make $$$,  but some take more care how their packages are shipped and received by their customer.   QVC changed the kind of cartons they use about 15 years ago.  They now use thin cheap boxes,  when they do use them (and not the bags) that often times to not fit the strength and durability need of what is shipped inside.

I occassionally order directly  from Andrew Lessman instead of from HSN when he's on.  Every time I receive something from him, it's in a sturdy box that withstands the shipping challenges.   

I notice how something is packaged every time I receive something.  I makes a difference.

Honored Contributor

I don't know why people would claim these aren't her true body butters.  The ingredients are exactly the same in the tubes or her tubs. 

If you are claiming these aren't her real body butters, you are accusing either QVC of lying or Josie of lying to QVC.