Respected Contributor

I really like Josie's argon oil.  However, I see it all over the place for a fraction of the cost.  Wondering if someone has tried other cheaper brands and found them to be the same.  I try different face products and never seem to see any difference and always seem to come back to the argon oil.  I do have oily t zone but still like her oil.  I am thinking of buying the cheaper stuff for my arms and legs.

Honored Contributor

Re: Josie Maran argon oil dupe?

[ Edited ]

@chicletUse her body butter for your body.  A jar lasts a long time since you don't need to slather it on.  As for a dupe - well some will say cheaper is just as good but I have tried many that claimed to be pure 1st cold press that obviously were not even close and some even made my skin itch.   

Respected Contributor

Her Argon oil is totally over priced! I have used Shea Terra's Argan Oil for far less. It is 100% organic and pure Argon oil. I cannot bear to watch Jose- her claims are outrageous.All Argan oil will do is moisturize. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chiclet  At least just as good is Trader Joe's 100% Organic Pure Argon oil for $7.00.  JM's is good but many are just as good for much less money.

Super Contributor

I have tried Josie products but I feel the best is Shea Organics. There is usually a 30% off coupon if you seach. This company seems very careful in how they source their products and their quality has given me wonderful results. My mom and sisters also use them.

Floral Pillow
Honored Contributor

Moringa oil  is another type of oil that has very similar properties as argan oil. It is an affordable alternative to argan oil. If you buy any kind of oil make sure to choose one that is contained in an amber-colored glass dropper bottle. This will help insure that it remains effective over time.

Honored Contributor

She is a very pretty women, but she is really making a ton of money off of her products cause women tend to believe the sales pitch, you can buy argan oil much cheaper,check out amazon.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@chiclet  At least just as good is Trader Joe's 100% Organic Prue Argon oil for $7.00.  JM's is good but many are just as good for much less money.

I actually compared at Sephora JM's oil to the Traders oil

seemed the same to me.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

She is a very pretty women, but she is really making a ton of money off of her products cause women tend to believe the sales pitch, you can buy argan oil much cheaper,check out amazon.

making money is what being in business is about, though

Super Contributor

While I agree that Josie's products are pricey, I justify it because a little goes a very long way and whatever I buy from her line lasts me a long time.  I really like her argon milk and went searching for a dupe for that.  I ended up with Shea Terra Organics argon milk and I have to say, it's nothing like Josie's.  Perhaps it performs the same, but for me, the luxury comes in the consistency of JM's argon milk.  I just like the "slip" of it. 

Additionally, based on the vast knowledge of the beauties here, I researched oleic vs linoleic oils.  I found there are many others that will perform as well or better, based on our individual skin properties.  If you're looking for alternatives, do a search here and on Google for this info, I found it quite helpful Smiley Happy

~~Keep calm and hug your pets~~